Is Resnig smarter in UC?

Most

I'm just asking because, i've started a few different Roam campaigns and everytime i get intruders on board. Resnig is on top of it. I go check the tactical cpu and it shows he has about 6-8 Marines on search duty.

Do i have the feeling Resnig wont be so hated this time around. This Commander for one truly hopes so.

Guest Fox__Trot

Resnig HAS failed me - two enemy intruders broke into the bridge killed my tac officer hurt me, and killed resnig (good)

I made it to the med bay b4 the enemy fighters finally took out my ships shields and brought "disabled" my ship for goo

To make Resnig smarter would go against everything logical and would probably amount to sacriledge.

Nope. He's still the same incompetent a$$ - on the best of days.

In fact, in the demo, there is an IA mission where you have to save his sorry hide and get him to a shuttle. I will probably port that scenario over to the full game, at some point.

Resnig pulled a nice one on me last night. I put all but two marines on search duty. The other two were in SC1 and SC2 respectively for Cargosweeping missions and such. Suddenly my ship was boarded by bad guys. Resnig in his glorious smartness decided to tell the marines to flee. Well, thats my impression anyway. Most of my marines somehow found their way into various shuttles. Only a few remained on search duty, greatly outnumbered by the enemy. I immediately reassigned the marines to search duty, leaned over to the resnig and slapped him in the back of the head. I should have sent him to the brig and park his rear end next to the prisoners.

Odd...my good friend Resnig (oh, I'm gonna take some flak for that one) has never failed me!

Intruders never get anywhere near the bridge...

Here's how it goes:

-intruders board

-Resnig issues orders

*about 5 minutes pass*

-most of them are dead, some prisoners (now to break out the Big Book of Tortures... )

Hmm...the infamous Resnig is pretty famous on the GCV-Draconia!

(of course, I always stow two marines in each shuttle, but that's beside the point)

(Man, I love watching the PerScan...a game unto itself...)

So, don't you dare hurt my Resnig, or you'll have to answer to me!

• 3 weeks later...

He's the butt of all jokes here. Goes way back.

Apparently he used to do a lot of stupid stuff to piss people off. Like override orders you give your marines. Some other people can chime in with specific examples. I know a lot of people started marooning Resnig on some distant planet just so he wouldn't meddle with the marine assignments anymore-- or just for fun.

It's a running joke. Poor Resnig.

*rubs head from GreyDog's slap* ouch!

No I am not lazy, I did do a search. but after scanning the 220 odd posts. All of them talked about what Resnig dose but not WHO he is.

Now I know who he is, I never noticed him doing anything out of the norm. I must be lucky and got one that flunked Resnig school.

Dumb ol resnig..... He's still the dirty little...Grrr ...that he was a long time ago. I usually just beam him down to my mining drones and tell him to catch one. Once I left him on mars doing just that for at least 12 hours. When I came back he was still happily grinnin while chasing those drones (even though he wasn't too healthy HP or FF wise). He MUST have ran at least 200 or more miles!

When I tell my marines to ALL go off duty, he puts them back on! When I have 6-8 marines ON-Station, and they go to search, dumb ol...Grrr ...resnig has to put 6-8 more ON-Station. Occasionally he will overrite my orders. I have found that when Im not near a planet I can stuff him in the medibay or the brig to cool.

So he's still the same ol...Grrr ...that he has always been. But he is usefull for pluging holes in the bridge! Or even looking to see who is on the other side of the airlock! He's good intruder bait too! Wait, no...the intruders know he bait....Resnig:"Hey, over here! Im bait! Now come toward me and get...uhhhhh....o yea...get shot!". Well, at least he is good at seeing if that last intruder in the shuttle is really dead!

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

In fact, in the demo, there is an IA mission where you have to save his sorry hide and get him to a shuttle. I will probably port that scenario over to the full game, at some point.

Has anyone actually finished that mission? I mean, I know I wouldn't.

"Mwahahahahaha! Die *****!"