"tactical computer" damage?

IntgrSpin

I just played a game where my ship was pounded heavily. Lots of damage, including the "tactical computer". I wanted to send myself out to the working shuttlebay to go out for some parts. Cool, right? Not so much... The tactical computer, being damaged, didn't allow me (well the AE anyway) to 'walk' to the shuttlebay.

I was able to exit the ship, however, and THEN access 'tactical' while floating in outer space. I sent a marine to the shuttle, launched it, and had him come pick me up.

Am I missing something? I R'edTFM, but didn't see anything.

quote:

Originally posted by IntgrSpin:

Hmmm. I guess that's a story you can tell yourself...

Well, you're the one who was concerned about it and thus posted about it. It was your story. And nobody cares about how you think it should be. The fact is, it got you out of a jam. And if you were actually PAYING ATTENTION you would notice that he was explaining why your AE could not move through the ship.

quote:

But I also couldn't use DIE while standing on the bridge to send someone else there?

For the same reason you won't lift your desktop and take it out back, because you want to sit out in the sun on a bright and sunny day.

There is no fp mode in ship. So no DIE system. Doh!

quote:

From a strictly first-person perspective for the AE, it's a bit squirrely.

Then, the next time you are faced with such a situation, don't use the DIE. Simple enough I think.

I suppose I could have written "oneself" or "myself" instead of "yourself". I didn't forsee confusion.

So the AE is not to be taken as a first person entity while in crafts. While the AE is 'on' the bridge, I 'am' the bridge. That's fine... I was just a bit confused on how it was supposed to work.