Shuttle not fired on during insertion

Guest Blond_Knight

Guest Blond_Knight

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering if anyone else was noticing that in RC7 when your flying a SC in to attack an enemy base that your never fired on, even when I go in banging with radar. And the only time I see enemy marines is if I deploy my own marines.

I recall during a game using RC3 that my SC was so badly damaged by ground fire it couldnt reach orbit, so it hasnt always been this easy.

To contrast I reinstalled BCM, patched to the latest build and everytime I overflew an enemy base I was locked up and engaged by ground fired missles and by the CAP.

I didnt see this in the VCF as a known issue and havent seen any of you talking about it so I dont know if Im offbase of not.

...Every meal a banquet, every formation a parade...

"A day in the Corp, is like a day on the farm!

Every meal a banquet, every formation a parade!

God! I love the Corp!"

Sorry, I took SC1 over a INS base on earth, and was refined into a red mist.

ProX

quote:

Originally posted by Blond_Knight:

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering if anyone else was noticing that in RC7 when your flying a SC in to attack an enemy base that your never fired on, even when I go in banging with radar.

Thats because I disabled their (SAM/SAL) fast target lock in UC in order to dumb it down because DC was complaining that ground ops were impossible for the reasons you mentioned (as seen in BCM/G).

I intend to re-enable it in the final 1.00.02 patch.

Guest Blond_Knight

Excellant Im glad to hear it. (That you will reenable it.)

Because its very immersive the way you have it set in BCM/G. An agressive CAP defending the base which fires on the SC-even strafes it while landed, mobile missle batteries and roving patrols who actually seek to engage you, the OC they'll even shootup the SC if you let them!

I cant wait!

[ 03-04-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Blond_Knight ]