Edited Manual?

White Wolf

I have a slight problem which is rather peculiar. I have the UK version of UC and in searching around these forums, I have come across a few references that don't really make sense, such as:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I wrote an entire section about this on p60 of the manual. Yet, people don't seem to want to read it.

(This particular one is in reference to how to leave a planet taken from this thread). All fine and good, except for one thing - my UC manual only goes up to page 54. Am I missing something, or did us UK gamers get an edited manual? If so, is there any way of getting an unedited version?

I got the same "problem" with my italian manual...... you can use the PDF manual included in the CD.... I think that this should work.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I got the same "problem" with my italian manual...... you can use the PDF manual included in the CD.... I think that this should work.

There is a PDF version of the UC manual on the CDROM? Are you sure?

Anyway, obviously the manuals were printed differently. And I am talking about my manuals, I am refering to English version which I have. I don't have time - nor do I care to - go and find out what a page reference in my manual, is in an Italian, French, Portugese or Gibberish version. Get a grip and use your common sense.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

There is a PDF version of the UC manual on the CDROM? Are you sure?

Anyway, obviously the manuals were printed differently. And I am talking about my manuals, I am refering to English version which I have. I don't have time - nor do I care to - go and find out what a page reference in my manual, is in an Italian, French, Portugese or Gibberish version. Get a grip and use your common sense.

Sorry I was talking about the BCMG CD that contain ad pdf file of the manual....

However I perfectly agree with you SC on the use of common sense.... the worst that can happen is that we may read more than necessary..... and I don't think this is bad.... right?

• 6 months later...

Well, i have the German manual, it's up to 54 pages, too. But I think that all non-english manuals are not as extensive as the english one. Anyway this happened to the BCMG manual. Now my question: can i say that the german manual of UC is as extensive as the english or is it shortened? (because the english one is about three times bigger) Can I receive the english manual, because I think that I lose important information about the game. BCMG, however, I understood only by reading the english manual.

Greetings

jah

You can't get another manual unless you buy an English version of the game. To my knowledge, the manual for all languages for UC, are identical to the English versions.

BCM Gold was a different story entirely because Dreamcatcher Europe decided to trim my manual. I told them that I'd sue - and they'd lose the license to the game (since they're not allowed to alter my properties) - if they pulled that stunt with UC.