Mining Drones

DCZX

quote:

Originally posted by DCZX:

Hi,

How long does it normally take mining drones to fill up?

thx

I don't know that anyone has actually calculated an average time and I've heard guestimates as high as 400 minutes. I personally figure it to take A Very Long Time™ and so I unload my drones after about an hour if opportunity allows.

• 2 weeks later...

SC, I hope you're watching this because I've got a question here about an entry of the VCF.

quote:

From VCF: v1.04 RC4 - 01.03.02

Revised mineral probability mined by mining drones. It is now also mineral specific

Does this mean you changed the mineral content figures of the planets/moons that was listed in the Navchart.pdf file during BC3K (which is now the BCM launchbase file) or is relating to something else? And the second sentence, "mineral specific", did I understood it correctly meaning that you will find one mineral appearing more frequently (on all planets/moons equally) among the 10 types a drone can dig up, than another? (Let's say a repair mineral has a higher prob ability than mercury as it is in greater demand) Or is it that on two similar planets (same mineral content) one mineral will be more quickly mined than another flavour. (didn't the manual/appendix say the Falkerie homeworld had rich radine resources, more than other places in the universe)

In other words, would prospecting make sense?