CC upgrades

Shields

Hello again,

I purchased a reactor upgrade (Lattex/NB) to replace the basic Lattis/NB which I believe is jumping the inter-level Megatron. The CC's system engineers didn't install the upgrade automatically so I attempted (unsuccessfully)to find a way to order them to do it through the Tacom and Logistix computers. My questions are: 1) Can you jump levels of upgrade? 2) Is the upgrading done by the CC's engineers automatically in their own sweet time? 3) If they have to be ordered, how does one do it?

TIA

You've gotta manually tell them to upgrade it through Logistix.

Not all ships accept all upgrades.

And yes, you can jump upgrades.

Go to Logistix->Craft->CC, and I think it's in Deck 3. Click on the Nuclear Reactor (N/Reactor). On the left repair panel there's a subheading that reads "Upgrade". Click on the new part.

The new part will be put into the ship, but will only be operational at 50%. You'll have to "repair" it (more like finish the installation) by assigning engineers to it. (The dialog section for that comes up automatically after the upgrade dialog.)

The more engineers you assign to work on it, the quicker the thing goes.

• 3 months later...

I had the same question last night. I bought the upgrade to the Reactor and when i logged into logistix to install, the upgrade button did not light up(white text). Is there more that i need to buy other than the replacement Reactor, ie reactor coolant, repair kit...any help would be appreciated. And trust me i've read the manual and used Search as u can see.

No. You only need the reactor upgrade itself. If your ship can't accept that kind of reactor, you can't upgrade it. Try another type of reactor. Out of curiosity: what ship, and what reactor are you upgrading to?

You cannot upgrade the solar reactor. (S/REACTOR) You upgrade the nuclear reactor, marked N/REACTOR in Logistix.

The data files for the ships show what upgrades are allowed, by item number. Perhaps someday, there'll be a mini guide to what upgrades you can get on what ships.

It is...and thats why i dont understand why it wouldn't let me upgrade it. I'm not at home now but when i go to lunch i'll bring back the info.

But my ship is a BattleCruisermk2 and i think i was trying to update the reactor to Numega...not sure...just going off memory now.

Try starting the upgrade after leaving the station. (this is assuming you have checked to see if your craft can support this upgrade).

Sometimes stations don't seem to like upgrading systems for you.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Try starting the upgrade after leaving the station. (this is assuming you have checked to see if your craft can support this upgrade).

Sometimes stations don't seem to like upgrading systems for you.

You can't upgrade at stations. Period.

Problem fixed...i was able to upgrade my Battlecruisermk2 reactor, engine, armor and shields.

Hull:8500 Shield:3500

Its time to buy some Iridium and head out far from home.