Speeding up mining operations

Twitch

Ok, I've look and looked, and looked some more but i can fid the answer to save the life of me.

Is there anyway to speed up time in the game because mining takes A LOT of time. And i un foutunatly can't do anything else on my computer because everytime I Alt-Tab it seems to just stop running Battlecuiser.

help...

Topic changed to make it more descriptive and useful. Damn n00bs

[ 04-23-2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Nope no way to speed up gametime that I know of. But mining speed could go faster if you find a system with a higher mineral concentration. If you dock with the local station in that sector you go to tradecom and then to info and it should have the percentage of the minerals in that system...the higher the better. I havent found better than 42% (Rinaal system...insurgent owned) but im sure there is somewhere out there. Sometimes I wish there was a way to take core samples of planets to find out the percentage and concentration of minerals before I sit around for hours waiting on them to fill up.

quote:

Implemented new /cheat command line parameter which enables the following cheats. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

There is also a command line parameter to run it in a window which you may like but it is also a use at your own risk thing. Go to the faq for BCM for those commands. The link is on the downloads page.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

There is also a command line parameter to run it in a window which you may like but it is also a use at your own risk thing. Go to the faq for BCM for those commands. The link is on the downloads page.

Please note that USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! translates into:

WARNING! This is not a supported feature and its use is not recommended. Any problems you have while using this are your own.

Having said that, here's my thoughs on mining: Drop your drones and go on about your normal BC business. Come back when they're full and empty them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Even better, park your CC somewhere safe, hop in a shuttle and race back to where you dropped your drones. Empty them yourself and sell at the nearest high inflation station.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Having said that, here's my thoughs on mining: Drop your drones and go on about your normal BC business. Come back when they're full and empty them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yep. This is the method I've been using. Works like a charm. There's little point in hanging around waiting for your drones to finish mining, since they don't seem to attract any enemies that you need to protect them from. (YMMV, however. That's just been my experience so far!)

Leave and do other tasks for a while. FOrget about the mining drone. Maybe in an hour or so, it'll be pretty well to collect.

Trade routes boost up your cash money and help you with that.

Like, between GalcomHQ/Genesis (Earth) and Wraith (Lyrius), if you split up your mining drones between those two planets, and grab them every third or fourth run, you'll have a pretty good influx of cash coming in. Mining drones account for less than 1% of those trade runs after you get past the first five or so. (After you can mass several OTS's.)

quote:

here's my thoughs on mining: Drop your drones and go on about your normal BC business. Come back when they're full and empty them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Of course. To check the loadout on your drones have one shuttle on board and go to loadout I think. (It's so automatic to me I don't even think about it) Shuffle between drones and you will get a read out on how full they are.

You've got to have a decent memory but you can even have a single shuttle do all your mining operations. Sort of a round robin/stagger operation.

Deploy all drones at once using all shuttles. Let all shuttles return. Go off on your business. Watch the loadout. When a drone fills to your satisfaction use shuttle 1 to "Extract Drone 1". When that shuttle returns extract the minerals from it and deploy it again. Except THIS time set waypoint 1 to deploy drone (notice there is no drone number for deployment; it simply deploys the drone on board) and waypoint 2 to extract the next drone in your list. I recommend extract drone 1 ; return to the CC, extract the minerals, deploy drone, extract drone 2 etc., etc.

You got one shuttle on board to watch the loadouts, one shuttle to run mining, and two shuttles to chase cargo pods.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one problem ive had with Deploying mining drones and then going about my buisness someone annialated the planet, drones, and my mind. Now I have no income, but to kill people and steal cargo pods (which I found I truly enjoy) but I can buy some more, but it just speaks to the EVER changing galaxy of BCMG.

Dont judge me for how I get my money, judge me for the dick head I am

quote:

Originally posted by mudpuppy:

There's little point in hanging around waiting for your drones to finish mining, since they don't seem to attract any enemies that you need to protect them from. (YMMV, however. That's just been my experience so far!)

As long as you deploy them near a friendly base, everything is cool

Mining isn't the only way to make a GalCred. You have plenty of stores on board to get some serious trading going on. I usually drop the drones on some rich little planetoid, then go park the Command Carrier someplace safe after selling off all the extra stuff Galcom is nice enough to furnish, then I start running back and forth between Lyrius and Earth in a shuttle. One hour later, I'm running OTS weapons, but use caution doing that. I have had some seriously pissed off Gammies decloak at a jump gate and spread me out like butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this so maybe you can't do it.

What's stopping you from dropping 4 drones on a planet/moon, going to a starstation and buying 4 more, waiting for the first set to reach 50% (to space them out a bit), deploying the second set, etc. That should keep you busy and the cash flowing.

quote:

Spindoktor

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this so maybe you can't do it.

You can't.

quote:

Spindoktor again

What's stopping you from dropping 4 drones on a planet/moon, going to a starstation and buying 4 more,

You can't do that. So long as a drone is assigned to the CC you cannot buy any more. So far as I know the only way a drone becomes unassigned is if it gets destroyed.

quote:

Spindoktor again

waiting for the first set to reach 50% (to space them out a bit), deploying the second set, etc. That should keep you busy and the cash flowing.

That is my round robin style or staggering. Except instead of a "set" of drones you simply wait for one drone to fill up to 15 perhaps 20 percent (more if you want of course) and extract it. Get the minerals, get the cash, buy an upgrade perhaps, install the upgrade. Meanwhile; back at the ranch, your other drones are happily gulping down minerals for you. And then as Tyrn said rinse and repeat.

I will wish for one thing. If Derek is going to close the "extract drones from no matter where the drones are" loophole I hope he numbers them in the CVD and tacops so we can set up appropriate waypoints.

quote:

I will wish for one thing. If Derek is going to close the "extract drones from no matter where the drones are" loophole I hope he numbers them in the CVD and tacops so we can set up appropriate waypoints.

Seconded.

quote:

If Derek is going to close the "extract drones from no matter where the drones are" loophole

Its something I have yet to investigate

quote:

I hope he numbers them in the CVD and tacops so we can set up appropriate waypoints.

It works fine the way it is, I thought.

quote:

It works fine the way it is, I thought.

It does. Drones not being was discussed ages ago. Other than being a minor annoyance it wasn't important at the time.

Now, however, IF you change this I'd hate to put my shuttle on top of drone 3 when I ordered it to pick up drone 1; only to find out drone 1 is in Asia and the shuttle will take hours to fly straight there to retrieve it.

I could work around it though. Either place all drones in the same spot so a shuttle won't have far to go or put one each on different planets.

quote:

Now, however, IF you change this I'd hate to put my shuttle on top of drone 3 when I ordered it to pick up drone 1; only to find out drone 1 is in Asia and the shuttle will take hours to fly straight there to retrieve it.

Exactly my thoughts as well, although I usually group them in the same small area just for ease of deployment/retrieval anyway.