Dealing with intruders

Eboda

Where the hell are all the boarders coming from?

I was boarded right as my career started, in front of GalcomHQ. I was boarded in Tau-ceti, I was boarded TWICE in Majoris, once during combat while my EMD was active. Only the last time in Majoris was a ship anyhwere near me.

Where are they coming from? Why cant I board other ships in return?

Why do I have to command each Marine, individualy, to prepair for combat?

Dont they have a sergent?

Shouldnt they carry their weapons when on duty?

I cant fly around in cloak all the time, I can barely affoard fuel costs as it is without adding that in. EMD didnt keep them out.

Is there a way to shut down my suttle launch, but still keep fighters active? How can I re-arm fighters without all my shuttles flying away?

Why does it take 5 marines to kill one boarder? I sat on Perscan and watched 1 boarder in the shuttle launch bay, 2 marines showed up and died, without hurting the boarder, 3 then came in 2 died with the boarder blow 50%, and the last marine captured him.

What kind of Corp is this?

Semper Fidelis? My ass, more like Semper Cassus.

Sorry about the rant

TOPIC CHANGED: Damn n00bs

[ 04-28-2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Eboda:

Where the hell are all the boarders coming from?

Boarding parties come from other ships in the area

quote:

I was boarded right as my career started, in front of GalcomHQ. I was boarded in Tau-ceti, I was boarded TWICE in Majoris, once during combat while my EMD was active. Only the last time in Majoris was a ship anyhwere near me.

Just because you can not see them does not mean there is not "somthing out there" remember the marvels of cloak technology

quote:

Where are they coming from? Why cant I board other ships in return?

See above and the ability to board other ships is planned for a future release. If I remember right it was not added to BCM/BCMG due to time restraints

quote:

Why do I have to command each Marine, individualy, to prepair for combat?

Dont they have a sergent?

Shouldnt they carry their weapons when on duty?

One word - Resnig. Don't know what I mean - seatch the forums and all will become clear

quote:

Is there a way to shut down my suttle launch, but still keep fighters active? How can I re-arm fighters without all my shuttles flying away?

Nope sorry launch control is for both shuttles and fighters

quote:

Why does it take 5 marines to kill one boarder? I sat on Perscan and watched 1 boarder in the shuttle launch bay, 2 marines showed up and died, without hurting the boarder, 3 then came in 2 died with the boarder blow 50%, and the last marine captured him.

They will get better with expierence - patience young one they will learn.

quote:

Sorry about the rant

Don't worry we all feel like that sometime just hope I helped somewhat

[ 04-28-2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Re-arming fighters only requires that you have the Flight Engineers assigned to it. And probably the charger equipment should have power assigned to it, too.

Cloaked ships are nearly EVERYWHERE. Also. If you attack an ODS satellite, a lone transport, a lone ship, etc. that's hostile to you, you might actually find mysterious fighters and boarding parties following you around. That's a bit of revenge or such for it. That's in my experience, at least.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Make sure you prep your marines for combat before sending them after intruders

i never knew that made a difference. id always send em in charging. i never lost a marine this way either. a few would get beat up, but nothing the ole med bay couldnt fix.

quote:

Re-arming fighters only requires that you have the Flight Engineers assigned to it. And probably the charger equipment should have power assigned to it, too.

that is unless the intruders pilfered your chargers... which hasnt happened to me yet, but i wouldnt be surprised if it did.

generally what i do when im told intruders are on board, is i immediately goto power in logistix and shut down launch control, and transporter control. that way they have no escape muahaha.

then i leave about 5 marines on station, and put the rest into search mode. seeing as how i usually have a super carrier, thats about 35 marines on search duty. the intruders will eventually see they are outnumbered, and will run to the shuttle bay to escape, but realise that the power to launch control is off... my marines then block em in, and wipe em out. any prisoners, i hold in the detention hold under heavy guard until i can reach the nearest friendly station to offload them. i mention heavy guard, because prisoners have been known to escape...

i wont go into that right now...

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

quote:

Make sure you prep your marines for combat before sending them after intruders

i never knew that made a difference. id always send em in charging. i never lost a marine this way either. a few would get beat up, but nothing the ole med bay couldnt fix.

They were probably already prepped. And if not, they will before actually carrying out the order. Marines never go anywhere or do anything without going through this step.

So when I prep the Marines, how long do they stay preped? Will they get bored and leave their rifles in the head?

Or is it a one time thing at the start of my career?

What happens if they kill off all my marines? Is it possible to send other crew members out hunting?

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

So when I prep the Marines, how long do they stay preped? Will they get bored and leave their rifles in the head?

Or is it a one time thing at the start of my career?

What happens if they kill off all my marines? Is it possible to send other crew members out hunting?

1. Your marines will remained armed until you take them off duty. When they go back on duty they will reprep.

2. No, only your marines will search for intruders. If you lose them all you need to dock at a starstation to get more. This is all covered in the manual BTW.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

They were probably already prepped. And if not, they will before actually carrying out the order. Marines never go anywhere or do anything without going through this step

ahhh ok. danke

quote:

generally what i do when im told intruders are on board, is i immediately goto power in logistix and shut down launch control, and transporter control. that way they have no escape muahaha.

then i leave about 5 marines on station, and put the rest into search mode. seeing as how i usually have a super carrier, thats about 35 marines on search duty. the intruders will eventually see they are outnumbered, and will run to the shuttle bay to escape, but realise that the power to launch control is off... my marines then block em in, and wipe em out.

Good stuff there, Grayfox. I've been having a bit of trouble with looters on my boats too. I'll give this trap-and-overkill tactic a try next time someone tries to make off with one of me shuttles.

quote:

So when I prep the Marines, how long do they stay preped?

When you look at your Marines just before the menu that tells you their assignment, you will see something that says "Active" or "Ready". If it says Ready it means that they are prepped with their guns in their hands.. If it says Active they are not ready to fight. Usually what I do is Prep all of my Marines for Combat when I first start the game. Later after I take them off duty (which I only do after their hunger factor is over 550 since they will both rest and eat at the same time) I let their fatigue go down to less than 5 and then prep them again before sending them back out.

BTW If you're in a super carrier, you have 40 Marines, good idea to keep a couple in each shuttle, this way if you get intruders, once your search pattern starts and they head for the shuttles, your Marines will be ready for them in the shuttle!

Intruder:

Whew got away from those bastards... now to power up this shuttle and get away!

Marines:

Surprise!!! Here's a bullet for your A**!

quote:

Intruder:

Whew got away from those bastards... now to power up this shuttle and get away!

Marines:

Surprise!!! Here's a bullet for your A**!

LMAO, thats beautiful.

BCSE! Translation => Best computer simulation ever. I'm starting to really dig this game's level of detail.

Speaking of the Aholes known as Intruders seeing as I am not allowed back to almost any (still undestroyed) Starstation (Urkel: DID I DO THAT?) is there a way to be ultra cruel and beam intruders (after they become prisoners) onto a hostile environment planet to die? or to be Annialated by my marines. Please, Im open to sugestions for the unethical treatment of prisoners. Im mean and cruel if I had a evil way to dispose of them I would happily allow them on board.

If anyone cares I just got a good Idea I went to play for a sec and had this revelation. Since they have low life due to firefighting why not shut off Life support till they die then turn it back onn plus its a helpful reminder to my crew that I AM BOSS and if you dont do what I Say they button goes off and stays off!!!!

DAM IM EVIL!!! "move my Throne and Altar right over there in the corner next to TacOPs. NOW!!!"

Roleplaying? Dang I thought I had a new job. Anyways KEEPEN IT EVIL, GIVING THE FINGER TO THE MILITAS, and BEING A GENERAL GENOCIDAL NEUSANCE. VLAD ROAMS THE GALAXY gaining money to get the R.A.N.D.O.M. Missile then there goes the universe.

Ahhh. Keepin' it real... Keeping troublemakers in check... Taking out the general nuisances...

Nova roams the universe, looking to burst the bubbles of any would-be kingpins and pests. Can't use the random without having it analyzed by your research officer. (In addition to having the decoder analyzed, as well.) Can't have a research officer without commanding a carrier. Can't command a carrier without being a Military, Insurgent, Earthcom, or such caste. Then there goes the whole dilusion.

In response to your question earlier, I don't think you can tell prisoners where to go. I think it used to be possible, but as of now, they're simply locked to confinement in the brig. If you're itching to kill someone in first-person mode, just beam yourself down on a planet with a marine or two, and go for it. I mean, you can always replace them later.

See Im smarter than that i get a super carrier from signing as Terran Millitia but then i show no mercy to any ship I kill them all good, bad, and neutral thats where PIRATE in my name was earned . Sometimes it takes brains to be this DAMN EVIL >:-D I thought a goody two shoes evil hunter would resonably figure this, hmmmm. This is why EVIL IS GOOD AND GOOD PREVAILS being evil requres extreme resoursefulness which is not a trait or most do goodies of this universe.

When I get MP its going to be a pleasure to match wits with you. However as Robert Deniro said to Al Pachino in HEAT. If it comes down to you and me I will not hesitate not for a second. I KILL thats what I do, unreasonably, unnessesaraly, and best of all Deviously. I AM VLAD THE RAIDER/ PIRATE. I AM EVIL THAT IS ALL, and without evil what are do goodies? DEATH BEFORE DETENTION!!!!

Gee Vlad, that bullseye looks real inviting Paint that on there yourself?

Intruders are a pain that much is true, but wait till you check perscan and find Resnig lounging in the Officers Quarters and you have a boat load of theives on board.

If I am a target then I assume I would be the only target that flies on the wall and beats the unsuspecting bar patrons to death. . On the comment of Resnig I usualy use him as target practice. Beam him down to a planet with me shoot him to death, clone him, and do it again Soooo deserving and soooo much fun .Sometimes just beam him to a enemy camp and watch the party begin. Hes not the problem its the Intruders I wanta kill I dont want to sell them to a station cause im not alowed back to them.... Im a BAD BOY... So i want a way to punisdh them for ever thinking of invadeing my ship... <----OPEN TO SUGESTION

Band: Big Dumb Face.

Song: ROBOT.

CD: Duke lion fights the terror.

"KILL THE BASTARDS KILL THEM ALL KILL WE WILL KILL THEM BIG OR SMALL, ALL THOSE BASTARDS WANT TO DIE, USE A KNIFE TO STAB HIS EYE, THEY MADE US MAD AND THEY WILL PAY, FOLLOW ME I KNOW THE WAY".

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

VLAD my man.. You got issues. Check in with the medical officer on your next trip to space. You are freaking me out.

LOL!! He's one patient Allison will have in a straight jacket the minute someone sets eyes on him.