I have a couple of questions

So far, I really am enjoying this game. I am learning the controls easy enough...I have figured out how to jump to different planets, and fly to different stations and so on...I have even learned how to make planetfall...

But, I do have a couple of questions:

1. In the tactical computer display, when on a planet (well, actually flying around on a planet), I noticed that there are yellow and red (at least on Earth) scenes. What is the difference between the two colors?

2. What is the purpose of landing on a planet? I am not asking this sarcastically...I really want to know. I landed and got out of my fighter at the Earth M293 (I think)...there was nothing there except some buildings I couldn't get into. If I am going to land on a planet, what would be the purpose(s) of landing...and how do I know the best places to land?

3. While playing in Roam mode...I noticed that there was some enemy ships attacking. I sent out my fighters...but does the other Earth ships/stations also send out fighters? I am fairly certain they do...I just couldn't figure out how to see that that was happening.

4. This is actually me asking for a tip: When in command of a Carrier (or any of the Capital Ships), when under attack...the battle is far enough away for my fighters to have to hyperjump (I think) to the battle area...is it smart for the Carrier to stay behind? Or, should I move the Carrier closer to the battle for support for my Fighters?

All in all, a very decent game so far....the more I learn it, the more I am sure I will enjoy it. Right now, I am just scraping the top layer of this game...I can see that there is going to be a whole lot of discovery in this game...

Well, that is the questions I have for right now...like I said, good game...will be MUCH better once I get the hang of it and can play it better...

1.Red stands for Military base, yellow stands for city.

2. For fun.... run around shoot stuff. You can't enter normal buildings on the planets. Sometimes planet bases have Starbases which you can dock at and trade/repair like Space Stations, check the appendix for where these are located. Another good reason to land on a planet is to launch mining drones to mine minerals to sell for money.

3. Yes

4. Your carrier takes a lot longer to make the hyperjump to the action than your fighters, but your carrier's PTA turrets work wonders on enemy ships Captain's discretion.

Yes, the game is very big and indepth. The more you play it, the more stuff you find out you can do. Very fun.

Welcome to the Battlecrusier community!

I have a Question i cant seem to figure out.. Ive been playing the game since Battlecruiser 3000AD cought my eye i had just baught a Thrustmaster and was looking for a space based fighter and got it, one game and i was and still am hopelessly hooked to its NON-OBJECTIVE based world.. anywhoo the problem is my game makes TGA files for the screen shots and I do not know of a program that views TGA's if any of you know one PLEASE PLEASE Tell me i have a ton of cool shots i want to send to a friend who I also hooked. VIVA LA CRUISER!

quote:

Originally posted by MythicalMino:

2. What is the purpose of landing on a planet?

You should commence mining operations as soon as you start the game, you will eventually run out of things like Radine to power your reactor, Plutonium to power your shields and Iridium that powers your cloaking device. The best way to get money to buy these items is to either trade or mine for minerals on the planet

I hate to be an *******, but you dont need to land the CC to do that you can do it from space. using SC waypoints. But you can land on planets Take a little R&R with engines off (no Radine spent), BURY BOOTIE :-D (cargo pod), Yeah you can mine that way, Get some kick ass Screen Shots (which i still can't view), and rape, pillage, and annilalate helpless citys, cause remember boys and girls EVIL IS GOOD, and GOOD ALWAYS PREVAILS

quote:

Originally posted by Raider/Pirate VLAD:

anywhoo the problem is my game makes TGA files for the screen shots and I do not know of a program that views TGA's if any of you know one PLEASE PLEASE Tell me i have a ton of cool shots i want to send to a friend who I also hooked. VIVA LA CRUISER!

I hope you're kidding.

Anyway, every single graphics program in existence, has the ability to read TGA files. You can go to any number of download sites, e.g. www.download.com, www.pcmag.com, www.tucows.com and search for graphics. If you're going to send your friend shots, you should convert those TGA shots to JPEG first.

Thank you.

You can blame my cheapness on this. All I had is MSPaint and MSView (windows defaults cause im too cheap to get a good one ) and neither of them could use them. So anyways I went to the website you provided DLed a viewer and WOW!! I can see them now and print them, Thanx. Now I can be evil and flaunt it too. FOREVER CLOAKED BEHIND THAT JUMP GATE, SUPRIZE!!!!!

ok...thanks for the responces...

Just to clarify...really the only thing you can do by landing on a planet is run around? I can mine from space can't I? While playing Roaming, is it possible that their will be a planet under a ground battle, and take part in that?

Sorry if these questions seem kinda basic...but I have never played a game this open ended before...and I am trying to figure out the plusses of landing on a planet, and what is possible for me to do there....

Thanks

quote:

ok...thanks for the responces...

Just to clarify...really the only thing you can do by landing on a planet is run around? I can mine from space can't I? While playing Roaming, is it possible that their will be a planet under a ground battle, and take part in that?

Sorry if these questions seem kinda basic...but I have never played a game this open ended before...and I am trying to figure out the plusses of landing on a planet, and what is possible for me to do there....

Thanks

I'm a great believer of If you can find a War. Start one at least for Planet OPS.

- Find a hostile base on the planet.(usually easy enough)

- beam your AE/land in a shuttle - and go around taking pot shots!(usually die quickly)or

- Use TACOPS and organise a massive strike on the base using your IC's, Shuttes, OC's and Marines to pound the base and then beam your AE down and join the fun(its something to behold I tell you)or

- Take an OC for a Joy ride or

- Go for a swim with your AE.

BC/BCM/BCMG are limited by most what you want to do. So if you want to get involved in planet side combat - do it. It can be done!

quote:

oh...so cool....BUT....I am having trouble finding where I can find enemy bases on planets?

Any tips?

The more I play and read about this game...the more i like....

Depending on what caste/race you are you need to observe a planet that has bases and look for the areas controlled by your enemies to you particular alignment. As long as you arent raider you can never go wrong attacking the raider controlled zones. Those show up as /RAI if they are raiders. Basically if they are red to you they are bad guys.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

"Oh, oh, ouch, okay its getting hot, time to go, hey scotty beam me up.... scotty?!!"

SSSSSCCCCCOOOOOoooooottttttyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Oh ..... Wait ..... Sorry [Looks up]

KAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

ok...thanks for all the help guys....I am getting into this game now...woooo hoooo!!!!!!

One thing though....when in a dogfight...how in so you shake incoming, locked missles? Those incoming missles tear me up...so, how do you shake 'em off your tail?

Oh, I have finally did my first mining mission...on the Moon...Interesting...took me long enough to figure it out but I did it....

Like I have said before...the more time I spend with this title...the more about it I not only learn, but I love...at first it kinda seemed dry and purposeless (if that is a word...)but now...it is getting fun fun fun....

SC...good job on a job WELL DONE!!! Oh, and I can't wait for Generations....just hope it will be in Babbages or EB...

Talk later...

quote:

Originally posted by Raider/Pirate VLAD:

EVIL IS GOOD, and GOOD ALWAYS PREVAILS

LOL too funny Vlad

quote:

One thing though....when in a dogfight...how in so you shake incoming, locked missles? Those incoming missles tear me up...so, how do you shake 'em off your tail?

Hit E to turn on the EMD and then turn in any direction. should lose the missle, but u wont beable to use ur missles either. hit E again to cut EMD off

btw wait 'til u get boarded (if you havent yet) and u realize some or all of ur supplies, FC, SC and OC are gone, and Resnig can only say sorry