after combat help

OK, this all happened last nite, I just waited to post it this morning, so I could re-gather all my info (lots happened in that game).

I was a commander of a carrier...launched from GALCOMHQ...so far, so good.

I head over to the moon to do some mining practice...I get my team all set up....(which I later figured out that I don't have to send an officer to fly the shuttle...doh). Anyways...I get the shuttle down, the drone is launched...so far so good....the shuttle returns...good...

All of a sudden...enemy ships show up...COOL...now I will get to fight while I am waiting for the drone to finish.

I send out 3 fighters, sparing the 4th one for myself. (I actually had 8 fighters...is it possible to send out all 8?). While I am trying to figure out how to get my AE to the fighter...all of a sudden...I make planetfall with the moon. hmmmm...I spend the rest of the battle trying to get off the moon...I start to cuss...I start to hit the desk, kick the dog, throw the cat....then I have an idea...why not look at the key card? hmmm....PRESS "O"????? "It's that freakin' easy!!??" I shout. My wife laughs....yep, that easy.

Now, the battle is over, but at least I am off the moon.

Now for the cleanup. I order my fighters back to base...only one comes back (FC3)...the other 2 just sit out there....I also notice that several of my pilots are dead...in fact. Not sure how though...none of the FC's are destroyed...they took some damage...but not destroyed...and all but 3 of my pilots are killed...

Anyways, after FC3 docks back with me, I head over to GALCOMHQ again to do some repairs (it is possible to do repairs away from being docked, right? couldn't really find a way to, but then again, I didn't spend too much time looking while not being docked). I figure out how to clone my dead pilots, I repair FC3...

I check out TRADCOM...I see all of these minerals...don't know much about what they are used for...other than Plutonium and Radine (I think it is those two), so I buy some of those....so my ships engines and shields will function good. Is there anywhere where I can find out what all the other minerals do, and why I would want to buy them?

Anyhow, I undock from GALCOMHQ...I head over to FC1 & 2, since they are not responding to my orders (their orders for some reason are "HALT"...I assume that the pilots on the inside are dead, since I had to clone all but 3 of my pilots). I send out a shuttle to tow them back...the shuttle gets there, I see the tractor beam...but then the shuttle simply sits there...not moving. I look it up in the manual...it says (as far as I can tell), that the shuttle will auto head back to the Carrier...ok...I wait...and wait....I start to mess around with the commands...somehow it makes it back to my Carrier...but then just sits out side...I try ordering the shuttle back to base, it drops the FC and lands inside...I could not for the life of my, get those FC back inside my Carrier....

So, please forgive my NooBiness...and help....

This is one of the best games I have played (hell, it rivals...no, it beats Combat Flight Sim 2)....but it is steep...and I get kinda stuck while climbing the cliff...

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by MythicalMino:

This is one of the best games I have played (hell, it rivals...no, it beats Combat Flight Sim 2)....but it is steep...and I get kinda stuck while climbing the cliff...

Belive me, from one nOOb to another I know where your coming from.

As for your problem You may have suffered damage when you entered the planet, meaning launch bay may be damaged, some planets/moons are very violent and can badly damage your craft. Or mayby power allocation to launch bay is off.(see logistics, power,)

Also might need to build up pilot AI.

quote:

OK, this all happened last nite, I just waited to post it this morning, so I could re-gather all my info (lots happened in that game).

I was a commander of a carrier...launched from GALCOMHQ...so far, so good.

I head over to the moon to do some mining practice...I get my team all set up....(which I later figured out that I don't have to send an officer to fly the shuttle...doh). Anyways...I get the shuttle down, the drone is launched...so far so good....the shuttle returns...good...

All of a sudden...enemy ships show up...COOL...now I will get to fight while I am waiting for the drone to finish.

I send out 3 fighters, sparing the 4th one for myself. (I actually had 8 fighters...is it possible to send out all 8?).

Fighters don't need two pilots to be able to launch. You have eight pilots, just assign one to each fighter as its pilot.

quote:

While I am trying to figure out how to get my AE to the fighter...

Use the Tactical computer to make crew assignments (you'll have to check the manual to figure out how to get there if you don't know already...can't give you all the answers on a silver platter you know.)

quote:

all of a sudden...I make planetfall with the moon. hmmmm...I spend the rest of the battle trying to get off the moon...I start to cuss...I start to hit the desk, kick the dog, throw the cat....then I have an idea...why not look at the key card? hmmm....PRESS "O"????? "It's that freakin' easy!!??" I shout. My wife laughs....yep, that easy.

Now, the battle is over, but at least I am off the moon.

Now for the cleanup. I order my fighters back to base...only one comes back (FC3)...the other 2 just sit out there....I also notice that several of my pilots are dead...in fact. Not sure how though...none of the FC's are destroyed...they took some damage...but not destroyed...and all but 3 of my pilots are killed...

Hey, when a PTA slices through the canopy and intersects your chest, you have a way of expiring rather quickly even if nothing else is touched.

quote:

Anyways, after FC3 docks back with me, I head over to GALCOMHQ again to do some repairs (it is possible to do repairs away from being docked, right? couldn't really find a way to, but then again, I didn't spend too much time looking while not being docked). I figure out how to clone my dead pilots, I repair FC3...

Look up Logistix Computer for doing repairs...yes, go look it up.

quote:

I check out TRADCOM...I see all of these minerals...don't know much about what they are used for...other than Plutonium and Radine (I think it is those two), so I buy some of those....so my ships engines and shields will function good. Is there anywhere where I can find out what all the other minerals do, and why I would want to buy them?

I'll leave this one up to you to research.

quote:

Anyhow, I undock from GALCOMHQ...I head over to FC1 & 2, since they are not responding to my orders (their orders for some reason are "HALT"...I assume that the pilots on the inside are dead, since I had to clone all but 3 of my pilots). I send out a shuttle to tow them back...the shuttle gets there, I see the tractor beam...but then the shuttle simply sits there...not moving. I look it up in the manual...it says (as far as I can tell), that the shuttle will auto head back to the Carrier...ok...I wait...and wait....I start to mess around with the commands...somehow it makes it back to my Carrier...but then just sits out side...I try ordering the shuttle back to base, it drops the FC and lands inside...I could not for the life of my, get those FC back inside my Carrier....

Shuttles go into wait for orders mode when they tractor another ship. Issue a return to base to your shuttle and it will haul those fighters back to you. Shuttles can't dock if they're towing something. If you want to get those fighters into your landing bay, try using your CC's tractor beam on them (remember that using your tractor beam LOWERS your shields so be sure to put them back up).

quote:

So, please forgive my NooBiness...and help....

All of your questions are nicely answered by the manual, I recommend looking up TACTICAL and LOGISTIX in your own copy.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Hey, when a PTA slices through the canopy and intersects your chest, you have a way of expiring rather quickly even if nothing else is touched.

LOL!! now, now, stop putting those kind of images in the poor n00b's brain. You're scaring him!

quote:

thanks guys....i will need to restudy the manual then...just so much info to try to find and keep track of... There will be a test next Friday.

thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

LOL!! now, now, stop putting those kind of images in the poor n00b's brain. You're scaring him!

Naw, it's part of the new training regs...it's called Scaring the n00bs out of them.

[rp]Why's that cadet so jittery?

Tyrn just scared the n00bs out of him!

Why do they even let him near the cadets?[/rp]