Fighter pilots

Eboda

Ok, I posted this once already, but now its gone... So I'll assume I didnt post correctly. I'll try again.

I allready did a search on the term 'Co Pilot' But didnt get any real answers.

How does removing the co pilot from a fighter effect how well it does its job?

I had already had a pilot killed, and the co pilot did not take control to bring the fighter home, so what does he do?

If I put 8 pilots in 8 fighters with no co pilots, how will that be worse that 4 fighters with 2 pilots?

quote:

Originally posted by Eboda:

How does removing the copilot from a fighter affect how well it does its job? .....

If I put 8 pilots in 8 fighters with no co pilots, how will that be worse that 4 fighters with 2 pilots?

I've noticed that the fighers fight better with a copilot manning the guns, but I usually send out all 8 of my planes. If I lose a plane, then I'll clone that guy and put him in as a copilot with another guy until I can get another plane.

Guest MIKE113

I think they work better as a team. I found out long ago that single pilot fighters are damaged and killed much faster. Dead but not forgotten!

Shame on me but:

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...t=000590#000005

http://www.3000ad.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cg...t=000228#000003

Very old threads. The second one is where some people in the beta give first impressions of BCM during a temoprary lift of the NDA.

But look for the words PMS squad. Keep in mind these were posted before we had ANY female commanders so we were a bit more brusque back then.

A long time ago it was noticed certain combos of pilots worked better than the defaults. Dunno anymore but it was fun at the time. One combo was two women pilots. The other combo was putting the lower dogfighting ability pilot as the primary pilot of the fc and the higher DF pilot as the co pilot.

Any vets remember this?

Yep, the old PMS squad. I remember them well.

FC seem to do better with two pilots vrs one pilot. Not only for that reason, two pilots in a FC will prevent those *&^%#) intruders from stealing any FC.

Something to think about

TTFN

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...t=000048#000004

copilot works as one word not two.

hey, how'd you get UBB to do that? I mean, have UBB give you a link to the topic and post? I never did use that since they said it was implemented.

Anyway, a copilot handles threat assessment and improves the overall SA of the pair.

A copilot can - depending on AI and skills - pilot a fighter after the pilot dies.

It is common practice to rotate pilots to different positions during sorties, this way, they can all eventually perform well as either pilots or copilots.

And no, there is no gender bending going on, so, male and female pilots are subject to the same AI rules. One gender isn't more superior than the other.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

http://www.3000ad.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u...t=000048#000004

copilot works as one word not two.

hey, how'd you get UBB to do that? I mean, have UBB give you a link to the topic and post? I never did use that since they said it was implemented.

I just did a search for copilot copied the shortcut and pasted it in here. I guess thats what I get for not knowing what UBB can't do.

EDIT: it appears that UBB numbers the posts in the thread with the first one as 000000 and going up from there. if you add #00000* to the end of the link to a thread it should take you to the post with whatever that number is.

[ 05-07-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Eclipse ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

See that little blue arrow next to the word posted right above this line? That icon is the link to the related post, just right click and copy the link.

aha!! so thats how you do it.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

aha!! so thats how you do it.

Took me nearly three years of casually looking for it to figure that out...I finally just opened a page in notepad and went on an anchor hunt.

I use four pilots to man my fighters and assign the others to the shuttles (just to claim I'm even near being on topic)