PTA System

The PTA turrets have firing arcs and that doesn't mean that you line a ship up in your sights and they shoot. try setting the enemy ship in the upper left corner of the hud or try maneuvering until you see then start firing.

Guest Private Cyberoket

quote:

Originally posted by Damean:

my PTA System never fires

One possibility...Make sure power to Primary and secondery turret array is on.(Logistics.)

quote:

Originally posted by Damean:

I started as a STARCARRIER and for some reason my PTA System never fires even though i could be on top of an enemy. Is their a reason for this eg my Tactical Officer isn't that skilled to fire the system can anybody help with this

Each CC has a unique PTA sweet spot. Find the sweet spot and you're sure to make a kill with PTA's alone. Be forewarned, however, that not all CC's are created equal and so a ship with three turrets will not be as deadly as a ship with more PTA turrets.

Ditto what others have said.

And if you want to know where the PTA turrets are located on your ship, then download the BCSTUDIO tool from the BCM downloads page, unzip it to your game install folder and load up the starcarrier.3d model. Then go to MODELS/TAGS and turn on PRIMITIVES. You will then see where the PTA turrets are - they are marked by the /TURRET AI tags I put in the model.

Then also read the manual about how the PTA system works. It is very detailed and accurately described.

I will try what you all say to see if I can get the PTA System to work, But I have to say yes it was on and fully powered. I found that the system works on my other ships I have played with. It just didn't seem to fire on the StarCarrier. I at first thought it was a bug, but i will just keep moving the ship around till I get a hit and report back if I still have the problem

• 1 month later...
Guest jascatar

The maximum effectiveness of a PTA is possible when you are far from the target, approximately 2 to 5 km.

The PTA functions very badly if you are too close to the target....

If you are going to look for a ships PTA sweet spot, have the PTA intensity set between 10%-50% and keep an eye on the charge level and tacscan display. When the charge level starts jumping around like mad, and you are on a low intensity, you know you have found a good spot to have your enemies. PTA effective ranges from your target is about 0-20km with 3-7km being the most efficient (what I have found anyways).

• 2 years later...

Does anybody know if there's a difference in behavior of the PTA system in UC and UC-AWA?

Namely the Megaron carrier. In UC, I can easily utilize all turrets (e.g. by hovering above an enemy base) but in AWA only the two center turrents (one on top and one below) are firing.

In UC I can easily make all turrets fire by turning and twisting the carrier, but in AWA, no matter what I do, only these two turrets seem to function.

Can anybody verify this, or am I a complete dumbass?

There shouldn't be any difference in how they operate. There was a problem in UCAWA in which the new collision detect would reject an op and resulted in the turret not firing.

I'll run some tests and see if there is something else going with it. The turrets perform the same on all ships (e.g. try the Firestorm). So if there is a problem with one ship, then its probably related to the position of the turret vector in that ship.

Oh, that would be great. A many thanks sir

But no rush, everything else works just fine, but I just dream of the Megaron being just as destructive as in UC.

BTW, I tried some other ships (e.g. the Warmonger) and it worked just fine. Actually it is almost impossible to get at a position, where only one turret fires.... eager little suckers

The only other problem I have encountered is on the front lower turret of the MK3. I can't seem to get this to fire either. Don't wan't to raise this as an issue though, could just be plain stupidity from my side

Thanks again.

I added something after the 06 patch was issued (the one that would have solved the problem) about my MEGARON having problems but it got deleted.

I tested it further but to no avail.

With the next patch it should be ok.

LOL! I thought you deleted it a so I searched for confirmation over at Prime forum.....the topic is still there and gone over for a while....I got there to avoid posting something not correct and pissing you off....

http://www.primefleet.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...c;f=12;t=000031

Next time I'll risk a doubled post if it's the case.

I know...but only authorized and registered ppl can see that...and the SC is one of those as I checked his status on the PF forum and he's an ADMIN.

I checked that before doing something silly....