MS Windows Key Problem

Falstaff

Yeah and it gets even worse when TAB is binded to something important in the game AND your "Push-to-Talk" button for Teamspeak is set at ALT because other games don't ever use TAB for something important!

Damn.. we're getting off topic here so I'll be brief.. Oh and eh... not talking about UC! But I am talking about FarCry (multiplayer).

I have banged my head on my monitor more than is good for me already! Lucky me, that I still have a CRT and not a TFT.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by WetWare:

I use the Windows key to get out of games that have frozen.....And to train my crew....Simulated Tactical Meltdown.....Helps them to know what to do when Resnig spills his beer.....

Look, just ditch the windows key, edit it out of the registry, hack it away with a program. You don't need it to do quit frozen program. Use the task manager, press Ctrl-Shift-Esc. If you want to lock your computer, press Ctrl-Shift-Del and lock your computer that way.

Works for win2k and winxp. If you're using an older windows you can't crash nicely anyways so forget it. Get rid of the damn key and play the stupid game. Now SC, about porting the game to DOS...

quote:

Originally posted by Capeachy:

Now SC, about porting the game to DOS...

*gulp* I almost choked on my lunch cuz for a minute there, I thought you were asking me to port it to the Amiga or something.

quote:

Originally posted by cdrhardboot:

wow, i mean.. wow

simple, u have 2 winkeys, take the left one off the keyboard so it wont get bumped. then u still have the right one to hit if needed. Otherwise, go DL a good version of Linux.

sheesh

wot!!!:: there's TWO of them?

/me stares at right side of keyboard. Reaches for screwdriver

Nononono, SC, shame on you! Use the proper tool for the job. You dont use a screwdriver for that...

Get a set of Snap-on needle-nose locking pliers. Works like a charm, and you dont get any extra pry-marks on your keyboard.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Capeachy:

Now SC, about porting the game to DOS...

*gulp* I almost choked on my lunch cuz for a minute there, I thought you were asking me to port it to the Amiga or something.

Oh yes yes! Ported to the Amiga! yep yep yep yep yep!

I am one of those out there that knows that the Amiga, even today, is STILL far superior (hardware wise) that any PC made. Too bad it went the way it did.

I still have two of my power boxes SC, one for any video work I do and the other for coding. I can write code WITHOUT having to deal with all the driver issues etc etc etc PC's have - AND while coding, play 2 of my favorites games while browsing the internet... ALL at the same time (real multi-tasking )!!! Then when I get a base program/Code running, come over to the PC with the code and start convuluting it with PC drivers and Windows drivers crap.

And for those out there that are anti-Amiga.. well all I have to say is " KISS MY