noobism

Falstaff

So, when does noobism end? What is the rite of passage to true existance?

to an ancient earth folk tune

How many starbases must a man take down

Before you will call him a man?

How many.......

Ooooh. Better stop now... I'm feeling silly. I'd better check in at the medibay.

Oh, by the way....

Why are we commanders and not Captains? I mean, we captain a ship, not a space station.

quote:

Why are we commanders and not Captains? I mean, we captain a ship, not a space station.

We don't command a ship? Maybe I'm not getting your point?

Oh and noobism. You are what you are. If you act like, smell like, look like... a noob. Then you are a noob. I'm happy in nooby land. The minute I feel all cocky and do something vet-like, I'm going to do something stupid to stay in nooby land. Maybe I'm weird. No I'm definitely weird.

quote:

Originally posted by Spindoktor:

quote:

We don't command a ship? Maybe I'm not getting your point?

Oh and noobism. You are what you are. If you act like, smell like, look like... a noob. Then you are a noob. I'm happy in nooby land. The minute I feel all cocky and do something vet-like, I'm going to do something stupid to stay in nooby land. Maybe I'm weird. No I'm definitely weird.

I'm just being goofy.

I like old nautical terms. I don't have "shuttles", I call them landing craft. I don't have "fighters" they are attack boats. I am the "captain" of my vessle, which is a ship by definition that it carries other vessles aboard it. Anything that does not have support vessles of its own is a boat.

I'm just wierd like that.

I don't think there is an official end. You just play the game and learn the ins and outs and quirks and remember to dump Resnig on barren planets and then remember to come back every week or two to feed him. You play through the ACM's Find the Galaxians, be genreally helpful on the forums, and suddenly you look back one day and say "wow I've been here awhile." and then you find that there are alot of new people running around doing the things that you used to do and asking for help, so you help them and about the time the 5th newbie asks the same question you start posting alot of RTFM and use the search function and "did you read the appendices?" and suddenly your a vet. and then you wait and continue in the ways of the vet and then one day out of the blue Derek invites you to the testers. you have reached the holy grail and are ushered into a new age of vettness. And many years pass and the few that remain are placed among the Lore of BC chronicled under the shadows of the heros of ancient days from the Age of 3K1.0 and 3K2.0 like Pandora.

hm... I think I have a wee bit much time on my hands. oh well...

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

So, when does noobism end? What is the rite of passage to true existance?

to an ancient earth folk tune

How many starbases must a man take down

Before you will call him a man?

How many.......

Ooooh. Better stop now... I'm feeling silly. I'd better check in at the medibay.

Oh, by the way....

You know, every timeI see a new thread with you in it, I just know I'm in for a laugh. Yeah, you're a funny n00b.

Anyway, until you've been told to siddown more often than you've had hot dinners, you never truly make it out of n00bism. There are other requirements too, but I'll let the others fill you in.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I don't think there is an official end. You just play the game and learn the ins and outs and quirks and remember to dump Resnig on barren planets and then remember to come back every week or two to feed him. You play through the ACM's Find the Galaxians, be genreally helpful on the forums, and suddenly you look back one day and say "wow I've been here awhile." and then you find that there are alot of new people running around doing the things that you used to do and asking for help, so you help them and about the time the 5th newbie asks the same question you start posting alot of RTFM and use the search function and "did you read the appendices?" and suddenly your a vet. and then you wait and continue in the ways of the vet and then one day out of the blue Derek invites you to the testers. you have reached the holy grail and are ushered into a new age of vettness. And many years pass and the few that remain are placed among the Lore of BC chronicled under the shadows of the heros of ancient days from the Age of 3K1.0 and 3K2.0 like Pandora.

...ok man. we need to get you to see sunlight!

and for the records, i hold the stupidest n00b quote in history: "Ok guys let's not make this into a thread "

no serious. i said that

........N00BS!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

But when you've stopped counting your number of posts and **WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME** have successfully used the search function to resurrect a thread
at least
two years old and still posted, you're on your way!!

LOL

n00bism ends the moment you read someone's post and think to yourself:

1. Silly n00b
  2. Be kind, he's a n00b
  3. What a n00b!
  4. I remember doing that when I was a n00b!

I don't think your ever a veteran or a noob really. I think your "status" as it were, flows with whatever your talking about. There is no way for anyone (Except the SC maybe) to know every inch of the game and everything about how it works. Therefore, at times, even someone who's been around a long time like myself and some of the other testers can be a newbie. But when you post and your registration date is before 2000 it does makes people think your really special and a veteran. :grins:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

1. Silly n00b

2. Be kind, he's a n00b

3. What a n00b!

[/QB]

Um... What if I've never asked myself any of those questions?

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

1. Silly n00b

2. Be kind, he's a n00b

3. What a n00b!

Um... What if I've never asked myself any of those questions? [/QB]

Then you are still a noob because you haven't progressed far enough along the BC corsus honorum to remember times such as these.