Alter Ego Equipping

diakonos

I searched for this and didn't find it anywhere, in fact as far as I've seen it's not possible to give your AE any weapons, right? However....

I was planning a planetary base assualt and sent everybody down (after prepping the marines) along with myself as a pilot on one of the SC's. I deployed everyone and deployed myself in the OC. For fun, I hopped out and... I had a rifle, backpack and/or jetpack, a complete marine loadout it seemed.... Am I dreaming or did this happen? If so, how?

Your AE has rifle and all other gear needed when you start. You can check your starting gear from START NEW GAME by clicking GEAR.

After you started the game you can check the gear by selecting:

TACTICAL -> CREW -> COMMANDER -> change ASSIGNMENT to INVENTORY and select your COMMANDER to view the gear.

Oh yeah... but the last time I was on-planet, I had nothing. I don't think it was the same game, but the only difference was this was Roam and the other was Campaign. I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Commanders didn't anything more than a pistol or something.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone ever answer his original question? Can u change the loadout of your AE. I know that you can buy different type of weapons and ammo when your docked with a star station, but i've tried to change the loadout and i cant.

So can you equip your AE? and if not will we be able to do so in UC?

As far as I know you CANNOT equip your AE, he's auto equiped depending on what you do

(go into space your armed with a Sabra)

(go outside onto ground your armed with a marine standard weapon I beleave)

First of all...... RTFM ..... it's all explained there....

The AE gear is based on the kind of deployement you choose.... hit ALT+E and exit in space and you will have a standard SF marine suit with all the standard issue plus a wristlaser (or else you'll die instactly... ), if you choose to drop on a planet you'll be assigned a full MI marine suit + wristlaser.....(no way of be an EF marine and sniping enemies down..... )

You can only change your gear at startup if it's available.... I think that in scripted campaign it can be blocked.....

I do not belive you can change the loadout of your AE's gear. You begin with the default gear; that default is based on what career you choose.

When it appears you aren't holding any weapons, maybe you haven't switched to your weapons. Press the various number keys (1 through 0) on the top of the keyboard (not the num pad) to switch. Read the manual regarding this.

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

Thanks for answering the first part...but what about the second part of my question? You cant hit me with a RTFM now can you dennymala?

quote:

quote:

Thanks for answering the first part...but what about the second part of my question? You cant hit me with a RTFM now can you dennymala?

Sorry MOST.... but I can only tell you something about BCMG wich is the game I play..... I know nothing of other versions or future project..... ... I'm not in the SC staff....

I can only say that in roam mode you can change the AE gear. In campaign mode you can't.....

Apart from that.... what is UC...????? (I'm always a newbie in the end.... )

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

I do not belive you can change the loadout of your AE's gear. You begin with the default gear; that default is based on what career you choose.

As I already said that is true in campaign mode; but at the start of the roam mode you can choose what weapons and ammo you'll carry......after that you'll never be able to change it again for that game........

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

quote:

quote:

Sorry MOST.... but I can only tell you something about BCMG wich is the game I play..... I know nothing of other versions or future project..... ... I'm not in the SC staff....

I can only say that in roam mode you can change the AE gear. In campaign mode you can't.....

Apart from that.... what is UC...????? (I'm always a newbie in the end.... )

UC is Universal Combat...the new name for Battlecruiser Generations. And you cant change the loadout of a Commander in the beginning...you can only do that for a Marine career. The only asset a Commander can change in the beginning is his ship type. And thats in Roam or Campaign mode. And i'm playing BCMG also and i've tried many times.

I agree, I double checked it and I discovered you're right MOST.... sorry for misguiding you but I must surely have missed something.....like my brain....

For UC..... thanks I missed the update in the GNN..... ....(in later times I'm missing too many things..... )

See ya...