Question about... mineral densities

kschang

1) Is the mineral density the same for every moon/planet in the system? For example, Sol system is 1%, while Sirius system is 11%? Or does it vary somewhat?

2) Does it even MATTER where you drop the mining drone on the moon/planet?

3) Are there any planets/moons where mining is NOT possible, and if I try I'll just lose the drone and/or the shuttle? (Not counting hostile fire, just local conditions)

4) Is there a list of all the mineral densities per system, or is that up to us to find out?

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

2) Does it even MATTER where you drop the mining drone on the moon/planet?

3) Are there any planets/moons where mining is NOT possible, and if I try I'll just lose the drone and/or the shuttle? (Not counting hostile fire, just local conditions)

2.)I don't think so. I drop drones pretty much randomly and I always get minerals.

3.) Planets like Jupiter that have hostile atmospheres would be pretty impossible to mine in I imagine.

1. I believe it is the same for all planets in system though I could be wrong because I haven't been able to find the values in GBS as of yet.

2) gas planets. they don't really have a core to land on and you take damage while in them. Now it might still be possible to set a drone down on one, but be prepared to lose it.

3. again I looked for the info in the appendices and in the GBS files but I was unable to locate the values. It is possible they are a hard coded value and not scripted with GBS.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

1. I believe it is the same for all planets in system though I could be wrong because I haven't been able to find the values in GBS as of yet

Wrong.

And it has nothing to do with the GBS. Look in the TRADCOM/INFO screen when docked at a station/base.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

1. I believe it is the same for all planets in system though I could be wrong because I haven't been able to find the values in GBS as of yet

Wrong.

And it has nothing to do with the GBS. Look in the TRADCOM/INFO screen when docked at a station/base.

I just checked the TRADCOM/INFO @ GalcomHQ and Genesis but it only gives the mineral densities for Earth, what I was looking for were values for Earth's Moon. What I have assumed was that the mineral densities were the same for all planets/moons in a particular region.

I was hoping to either prove or disprove this theory by finding if the mineral densities were set in a .scr file. However I have not located them so I guessed they were hard coded and not accessible from GBS and didn't think it was worth wasting your time to ask if the values were in there.

quote:

Originally posted by MIKE113:

quote:

Genesis

is orbiting the Moon, so that would be it.

it said the same thing as GHQ and didn't list it as Planet: Moon.

it listed it as Planet:Earth in the TRADCOM/INFO screen

quote:

Originally posted by MIKE113:

You know I just took it for granted that it was for the Moon. I haven't been to the Sol system in a while.

It is for the moon. The reason its listed that way is because they share the same space region.

All the info is decoded directly from the DATANAVCHART.INI file