Question about... cruiser turrets

kschang

I see the supercruisers have 4 turrets while the heavy cruisers have 8 or even 10 turrets. My question then is...

Do they have the same tracking logic? (i.e. directed by the TacO?) I can see that they do different amounts of damage (the CA's do like 50 where as the SCA's can do like 125/150).

By the way, are there existing abbreviations for carrier, super carrier, heavy cruiser, and super cruiser? Or can we use the common "naval" designation like CV, SCV, CA, and SCA?

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

I see the supercruisers have 4 turrets while the heavy cruisers have 8 or even 10 turrets. My question then is...

Thats not always the case because it is craft dependent.

To see a ship's turret count/coverage, download BCStudio and extract it into your game folder. Then start it and load up the model from the MODELS folder (e.g. bcruzmk1.3D). Then turn on MODEL/TAGS/PRIMITIVES to see the turret tags which determine the turret location. The firing coverage is based on the cone from that turret and the ship will not fire if there is a chance of hitting itself.

quote:

Do they have the same tracking logic? (i.e. directed by the TacO?)

Yes. And they are not directed by TacO (whatever that is). They are automatically controlled by the ship's tactical (threat assessment and coverage) and weapon (acquisition, lock, fire control) and power (allocation, laser intensity, firing rate) systems.

quote:

By the way, are there existing abbreviations for carrier, super carrier, heavy cruiser, and super cruiser?

No

quote:

Or can we use the common "naval" designation like CV, SCV, CA, and SCA?

No. Thats not part of the Battlecruiser mythos

Kasey, I just wanted to add that I really like the way you describe your topic threads, pose your questions etc etc. Easy to grab and informative to read and understand. Usually some n00bs are a particularly destructive and disruptive force around here.

Just thought I'd mention it

I agree with SC... however KC. ever thought of going through trial and error to find your answers?

Cause on some of your questions, you could easily find them by going into the game and trying them out.

I respect that fact that your trying to find information about this game.. but there is no fun in knowing EVERYTHING about a game 'cause then there will be no fun

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I agree with SC... however KC. ever thought of going through trial and error to find your answers?

Cause on some of your questions, you could easily find them by going into the game and trying them out.

I respect that fact that your trying to find information about this game.. but there is no fun in knowing EVERYTHING about a game 'cause then there will be no fun

Knock it off. This is the newbie forum and you might want to read the description of the forum.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Knock it off. This is the newbie forum and you might want to read the description of the forum.

Geez I can't even post my thoughts..

quote:

Not strictly true, Kalshion. Everybody knows the rules of chess, yet chess has persisted as a game for hundreds of years. In a game as complicated as BCM, knowing some of the mechanics that goes into the game and how it interacts with the player adds to the understanding of the mythos and the game, which can only add to the enjoyment of the player. At least that's my opinion.

Besides, I think most of my questions are pretty DETAILED into the mechanics of the game that mere experimentation wouldn't reveal the answer that I would like... Or maybe not.

quote:

Fair enough. Now you're not going to be able to post for a week.

I've said this once before (and I thought that was all it took) and I'll say it again, if you (not you, but everyone) can't be nice and helpfull - especially to n00bs, DON'T POST.

quote:

I decided to restore your posting rights because I think I should've warned you first.

Anyway, if you can't be nice to the newbies, be like ice i.e. freeze and don't post.