Question about... star station resupply

kschang

I've gathered that the star stations resupply themselves regularly, and SC did say they are resupplied by freighters. Hoever, this seems to mainly apply to "trade items" in all the previous messages.

My question is... does the resupply also apply to the defense fighters that below to the station, as well as the Quick Reaction Force (the ships)?

The reason I am asking... I am commanding a Warmonger so I don't have cloak, but I *do* want to capture a station. So my plan was to reduce all the defenders by teasing them away from the station, then kill them a few at a time. Then when the defenders have been eliminated, I'll go to resupply (restock missiles and such), then come back to wipe out the station with a flood of missiles.

However, my plan won't work if the station gets back its stock of fighters and defense ships when I leave.

So, how often do the fighters and/or ships get regenerated? And by how much?

Stations don't resuppply themselves. They are supplied by traders and military transports which dock there. If none dock, then the station will degrade over time. This is what sieging a station entails.

If you cause a station to launch all its assets and you prevent military transports from docking, it won't get any new supplies. HOWEVER, any station asset that makes it back to the station (limps back, towed by a shuttle etc), is repaired, rearmed and ready for action.

So military transports bring in weapons/ammo, assets (shuttles, fighters, etc.), and traders bring in minerals/misc. items, right?

Is there a schedule for those? Like every X minutes? Or is it more of a probability table, like X% chance every Y minutes a ship Z will show up at jump point W?

I'm trying to figure out what are my chances of pulling out a siege all by my lone self.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

I'm trying to figure out what are my chances of pulling out a siege all by my lone self.

You probably can't. And especially not without a fleet and a helluva lot of patience.

And the regularity it not some random number or event, it is dependent on the AI kernel and the NPCs which roam the galaxy.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Stations don't resuppply themselves. They are supplied by traders and military transports which dock there. If none dock, then the station will degrade over time. This is what sieging a station entails.

If you cause a station to launch all its assets and you prevent military transports from docking, it won't get any new supplies. HOWEVER, any station asset that makes it back to the station (limps back, towed by a shuttle etc), is repaired, rearmed and ready for action.

God, that's what I love most about this game, small details like that and the fact that things happen whether you're around to see it or not. It's nice to play a game that doesn't specifically revolve around the player, for once.

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

It's nice to play a game that doesn't specifically revolve around the player, for once.

what u talking bout? my game revolves around me, if i dont cut it on and play it dont revolve (ok i stretched that one a bit, but u know)

but i feel u, this game is deep,and im so dying to try out laying seige to a station, its gotta be fun to know ur enemy is helpless

***Begin RP***

On seiged station

Base Commander (BC): Lt. is that fleet still out there?

Lt: Yes Sir it is. They are destroying and pillaging all transports that enter the system.

BC: How can this happen, they must have an intelligent Fleet Commander.

Elite Forces Marine (EFM): Commander Sir?

BC: Yes?

EFM: We are out of teepee Sir. Haven't the transports arrived yet?

BC: No, an enemy fleet is destroying them all as they enter the system.

EFM: NOOOOOOOO! I need some teepee! WHY ME!?

On the Enemy Fleet Commander's Ship's Bridge

Fleet Commander (FC): Resnig, what did we get from this last transport?

Resnig: Teepee Sir?

FC: TEEPEE?!

Resnig: Yes Sir.

FC: Thats it, notify the fleet, were taking that station, NOW!

Back on station

Lt: Sir, the enemy fleet has come about. They are jumping into hyperspace. Its an attack, reading 35+ ships.

BC: All hands, man your battle stations. This is not a drill.

***End RP***

Enigma....you've earned your name by writing that RP story.

Aggressor, along the same lines your thinking, I think the neatest thing about this game is that even the SC can sit down and play and not know whats going to happen each time he plays. I mean, he'll know WHY certain things are happening, but he won't be able to say exactly when it will happen. I think thats awesome.

• 7 months later...

I don't really consider myself a n00b, but here's a sort of n00bish question. I've recently started taking over Stations on my slow route to the Gammy homeworld. Is there anything specific that I can do to speed up the repair and resupply of the Stations that I've taken over so they stay in my hands and don't fall back to the Enemy?