Question about... main gun

kschang

Okay... I command a Warmonger, and I know it has 5 main guns, and it has max range, computed range, etc. etc. etc.

But where is it documented that how much damage the main gun does (presumably at 100% power)? PTA turrets are documented quite well... But nothing about the main gun(s)?

I tried searching on "main gun", but I get entries about main gun on APC, how main gun is disabled, main gun zoom wishlist, and things like that.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I think that info is in the crafts section of the appendix. Depending on how anal Gallion is (compared to me)

The only thing I see is turret shot rating which seems to apply more to PTA turrets than the main cannons.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

So how is it that a PTA turret on a Warmonger can do 150 while one Main Gun only does 50?

Because you have bout 4 to 6 of 'em firing in unison. And, technically, their use is limited to a few hundred meters, so the power boost is to compensate for what it lacks in range. (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course)

quote:

Originally posted by aggressor27:

quote:

So how is it that a PTA turret on a Warmonger can do 150 while one Main Gun only does 50?

Because you have bout 4 to 6 of 'em firing in unison. And, technically, their use is limited to a few hundred meters, so the power boost is to compensate for what it lacks in range. (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course)

Rubbish. Siddown

quote:

Thats not how it works.

e.g. the Warmonger has 5 main guns. Each has a shot rating of 100 units. Each time it fires, if all shots hit the target, thats a total damage of (5x100) = 500 units. But the shots degrade over time, depending on how far they have to travel before hitting the target.

It also has 4 turrets. Each one has a damage rating of 100 units (the appendix says 150, but I had reduced it and probably didn't let Gallion know to revise it). As the turret laser cuts through the target, if sustained, 100 units of damage is applied per ms.