Question about... save games

kschang

From as far as I can tell...

Restore means pick one of commander's 10 slots and load it.

Resume means load the most recently saved game.

(I don't use Quicksave, never got it to work any way).

Q1: As there is no display of in-game time/date or actual save file time/date... Is there any way to know which is first and which is last, besides naming each savegame in sequence?

Q2: Is there some sort of auto-save? Like whenever you dock to a star station you get an auto-save in a special slot?

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Q1: As there is no display of in-game time/date or actual save file time/date... Is there any way to know which is first and which is last, besides naming each savegame in sequence?

Nope. But you can check the files in the SAVE folder using Explorer.

I'll probably add the date/time stamp for saved games, to the Restore display in BCG.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I'll probably add the date/time stamp for saved games, to the Restore display in BCG. [/QB]

Hmmm... Would be fun to get either/both the real file date/time, or the ingame date/time, or maybe the current location (quadrant/system/planet)

And *please*, SC, auto-save when you dock?

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I'll probably add the date/time stamp for saved games, to the Restore display in BCG.

Hmmm... Would be fun to get either/both the real file date/time, or the ingame date/time, or maybe the current location (quadrant/system/planet)

And *please*, SC, auto-save when you dock? [/QB]

No. And neither of the above are going to be in any BCM game.

If/when I add the date/time stamp in the display - like any new feature - it will most likely be in BCG.

There are no plans for an auto-save. Save before you dock. The resume the game.

quote:

Follow-up... When you Quit out of the game with ALT-Q, is the game saved separately from one of the 10 saved games? (So in essence, an 11th savegame?)

Yes (but its saved game 10, not 11) and thats the file that Resume uses. The 10 saved game slots are only for intentional saves.

There is a discussion about saves games in the forum archives.