Question about... OC replacements

kschang

If I lost an OC or SC, I need to buy OC ASSET or SHUTTLE ASSET to replace it.

But I know I have a CAV, and GSV-CAV is like, 1/9th the price of OC ASSET (150K vs. 1.25M)

So what is the difference between OC ASSET (for a Warmonger, a CAV) and GSV-CAV?

The OC (Other Craft) ASSET is the identifier for those vehicles, regardless of whether you have a CAV or a LAV. When you purchase it, the system will pick the correct one. It was done this way to prevent gamers from loading assets onto crafts that don't support them. e.g. purchasing an ATV to replace a CAV.

To see what assets all ships use, look at the DATAASSETS.INI file.

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

I know what each ship uses... My question is... why the HUGE difference in price, or is that just for "bookkeeping" purposes, everybody pays this "unified" price, no matter what vehicle they use?

Pricing is handled just like any other commodity. Find a station that has it cheap and buy it from there.

I guess what I'm REALLY looking for is some justification or explanation between cost of OC ASSET vs. the actual ground vehicles.

I mean... OC ASSET's base price is 1.25M, while a CAV's base price is 150K. That is a pretty big difference, even if you go to a planet that specializes in that sort of stuff.

Or SC can simply say "That's the way it works. You can think of it as a shuttle/vehicle packed in crates, untested, blank shell, vs. a vehicle that's tested, charged and ready to go."

Because thats how I seeded the pricing (look in the ITEMS.INI file). Besides, think of the CAV (line 367) as a do-it-yourself kit, including all the wrenches you'd need. Then look at the OC Asset (line 098) as an already assembled, tested, broken-in version.

No, I'm not messing with the pricing, so don't ask.