Question about... finding lost mining drones

kschang

Okay, this is going to sound extremely dumb... But I think I misplaced one of my mining drones.

I know it's on "Moon-02". However, I tried all the systems I usually visit with a "Moon-02" and I can't locate it with TacOps/Zoomto.

I'm pretty sure it's around Lyrius or Lennen, but I'm not absolutely sure.

Should I just give tacops "retrieve drone" order to shuttle at each moon and see if the shuttle can find it?

Guest MIKE113

quote:

Should I just give tacops "retrieve drone" order to shuttle at each moon and see if the shuttle can find it?

That has happened to me before and that's the way I found it.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Been discussed before.

It appears someone is not using the search function.

The first thread has nothing to do with FINDING drones. It's about how to get more throughput on mining, and turned into "how to make more credits", and optimum deployment pattern of drones.

The second one did not come up until the second page when I searched for "mining drone", which is probably why I didn't see it.

It's difficult finding the right search words... You'd thought that "mining drone" is specific enough...

You've got your work cut out for you. There are 28 space regions (Lyrius being one of them) with more than one moon, hence MOON-02.

You can go trolling around in the NAVDATA.INI file and search for MOON-02. This will give you an idea of which regions they are. Note that space regions always have a Z at the end of the name (e.g. TRAMIS is the planet and TRAMISZ is the space region where the planet is located).

quote:

and optimum deployment pattern of drones.

Exactly. And my hint that just stick 'em where you start from. And the other inherent implication that you should really remember where they are.

quote:

The second one did not come up until the second page when I searched for "mining drone", which is probably why I didn't see it.

Ermmm, you lost your drones, titled your thread lost drones, and only searched for mining drone?

quote:

It's difficult finding the right search words... You'd thought that "mining drone" is specific enough...

That would bring up every reference to mining drone. Adding the modifier "lost" restricts it much further.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I had some issues the other day and TOWed a mining drone to space, you might can try using the Support Unit Locator (SUL) on the radar (TRS), my mining drone showed up with that selected I believe. TOWed it back down and picked it right on up.

However, i have ran into another problem with my mining drone, i had assigned all my drones to LV115 - I am Gammulan and thats where i started so I have been mining there for a while now - but here rescently mining drone #3 has disappeared.

Tactical -

3 Item Quantity

-------------------------

Drone 3 Deployed

Status Deployed

Level 100%

Assign LV115-Full

Drone 3 s

Drone 3 Not on Board

Commlink - Current 13:12

02:10

Mining Drone 3 deployed from SC-1

Tacops -

Observed LV115 and used the zoom option and tried every selection (always show on Support Units) but it doesnt show up

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I have enough money to replace it but i cant do anything while it is still active. I am currently on my 3rd mining run w/o DRN-3, at this point Id really like to replace it or find it.

Maybe he found some Iridium

Almost messed up askin how to send it, took me a little while to figure it out.

I had a lot of bad issues earlier playing through gametap but after i got the real game, this is the only problem, i might have missed something somewhere but i swear i have tried everything i could find in the manual and searching the forums and i cant find drone 3 anywhere on LV115.

Which UC title is the latest? I am getting it as soon as i can get a downloadable order site, i thought UC Gold was, seems it is not, but love my wife for gettin it anyway.

Thanks SC

- Edit

Er crap, my yahoo mail is giving me a Failure Message, wont let me send files to [email protected]

I could have sworn that was the thread i read yesterday and it said [email protected], but i had everything right other than that email.

Ok I dont know what the heck happened to my game, i have editted it in no way or done anything like that, but something is really messed up somehow, among the mining drone disappearing, now i have what seems like some tech issues. Iridium wont go down with cloaking on, and the RLI wont go up and radine is reading 0 while i have over 2k (RADINE).