taking command of launch support craft & rescuing "downed" pilots

jeputa

Although I'm new to BCM, I used to play BC3K v2.0 back in 2k/2k1 and remember that once you launched a shuttle or fighter craft that you were able to switch over to it without the need for your "AE" to be in it (it was always advised to keep him/her on the bridge of the ship for security purposes). How do you accomplish this in BCM? Also, I have lost some fighter crafts in battle but the crews are still "alive" - if this isn't a bug, then how do I find & retrieve them? I tried using TACOPS to search the area where they were fighting at to no prevail, and I'm not picking them up as friendlies, disableds, or even SOSes. I have Patch v1.09.00 so I am up-to-date as far as software is concerned. If anyone can assist me with these matters, then it would be most appreciated.

Answer to first question is easy, you can't.

The second question is little more difficult to answer.

Are you sure your fighters are destroyed or have they just docked and show as red, because they are offline?

If yes (you checked them from TACTICAL or LOGISTIX COMPUTER), then are you sure that your pilots are alive. How you checked it?

What he said. You cannot instantly switch to a fighter or shuttle or what not in BCM.

As far as the second problem, taken at face value it seems odd. You need to confirm that your fighters not simply damaged (check logistics computer).

If you can't figure it out, we'll get in contact via AIM or MSN or something and I'll take a look at your saved game so I can get a better idea of the problem.

I'm going to miss that feature, but at least I now know why I couldn't find it in the manual. As for the fighter crafts, LOGISTIX say that they have been destroyed - to make matters interesting, TACTICAL says that the pilots are still in the fighter - some with high life points (in other words, won't be able to clone them anytime soon). Right now, all of this has taken place under the Commander Academy Trainings (won't start the real game until I can play it properly - keep experiencing too many setbacks in battles).; this could be a real problem once I began my career... Thanks for the help though...

It happened again! Some of the pilots were dead and cloneable; some were dying; some were just to healthy and I couldn't find them on the planet! Whay gives here? If I can't rescue them nor find them, then I can't replace them either....

Only possible answer that comes to my mind is, that you have installed the patches from some other folder than install folder. I've never ran into problem like you describe. Try re-installing and remember to move all patch files into the install directory before running the patch.

You can send the saved game files to me, so I can take a look. Send them to [email protected]