TOD 3 - M1 - Planet Strike

Guest jascatar

Guest jascatar

As I'm French, i do not have understand the mission briefing.

I know that i must destroy evil bases on moon, but how to find it ? Is that Command center ?. What king of building it is (red i think) ?

And what about OTS weapons that have been gived to me ? how do I use it ??? CC and FC can not lauch this pieces of missile.

Must I send fighters on moon ? I hope no because planetary travels are very loooooooonnnnnnng .....

Any help ?

quote:

As I'm French, i do not have understand the mission briefing.

I know that i must destroy evil bases on moon, but how to find it ? Is that Command center ?. What king of building it is (red i think) ?

Yes, if it is red, then it is dead

quote:

And what about OTS weapons that have been gived to me ? how do I use it ??? CC and FC can not lauch this pieces of missile.

Refer to the manual regarding how to launch OTS weapons. Hint - done at the TacOps, planetary view.

quote:

Must I send fighters on moon ? I hope no because planetary travels are very loooooooonnnnnnng .....

No need to send fighters. Though using FC waypoints does tend to reduce plaetary travel time significantly.

quote:

Any help ?

RTFM

Guest jascatar

Thx.

Hint : I do NOT have the manual, only the old bc3k manual.

Very LIGHT desciptions on how to use that weapon.

Anyone that can be more precise ?

Guest jascatar

I had already seen that I had an OTS box in tacops, and that it is possible to select a detonation zone. But nothing made there and this is why I put the question, if not I would not have posed it

The function does not go, whereas I have many missiles BUGNOR and RADIX in my weapons compartment and i can not select any of them (with a planetary zone selected or not).

Guest jascatar

okay, I have done has to find all alone

On the other hand I see badly how I could destroy these hundreds of enemy bases

how to know which it is necessary to aim? I'm losed ...

Guest jascatar

I finally passed the mission, but without understanding what I did, because it was asked in priority, to destroy the insurgent bases.

I thus concentrated my shooting on the TER/RAI which presented many enemie bases, but I could not destroy them all.

Is this a problem of US vocabulary? Is that a chance that I have passed the mission ?

TER/RAI is short for Terran/Raider. You would have wanted TER/INS (Terran/Insurgent).

To aim OTS (orbit to surface) missiles use alt + S key combination. When that space region map appears click on the planet until you get the blue box with the observe option. You may have to click near the planet to get a decent zoom level.

Once zoomed or "observing" the planet click a politically aligned area. This is what should have the TER/INS. The map will zoom more. Flashing boxes are important. Hover your mouse over those and the one with bases will say something like mzone42/sbase. Click that box and it will zoom more until you see buildings. That is probably what you want.

When you see what the briefing told you to destroy click the orange "menu" box at the bottom left of the screen. It will expand up and to the right with various options. The bottom row, last column to the right will say OTS. This box is what you would use to aim the OTS. Click that box and it will expand again. It will have buttons like setpos (set the position or set the target) and launch.

CLick the setpos and the reticle (box, cross, or circle) will appear. Move the reticle over the area you wish to destroy and click to set it in position. Then click launch. That should do it.

Please note I do not play ACM's. Anyone, even the newest noob, is free to correct me.

Hope that helps a little bit jascatar.

Guest jascatar

Thanks Chavik.

As i tells here, I have striked the TER/RAI and have passed the mission ....

That is what I have not understanded ...

All other things are okay.

I know what TER/INS are, but I don't understand why I have passed this mission ...