Vagrant won't tow

I am playing the TER/MIL campaign. It seems that I am experiencing a problem with the AI of a neutral tow ship, the Vagrant. It's mission is to tow a disabled ship while I patrol the area. Anyway, the tow ship enters the area and is shown with the status -attack- and it appears to be attacking the wormhole from arima to alpha centauri . I wait and it just hangs by the opening of the wormhole.

Is this part of the mission, a glitch, or should I just wait it out and see what happens?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You know how the old saying goes, "if you want something done, you have to do it yourself." I got tired of waiting so decided to tow the Starball myself. At that point the Vagrant communicates that the ship is in tow and that it is heading back to Starpath. I decided to follow it but only got as far as the Orion station in Centris. Nevertheless, the mission was a success and I was awarded the xp. I think that as long as the ship is in tow and out of the Arima system when the timer runs out then the mission will be a success.

AzureSun

Well my problem is worse than yours..... in that mission I go perfectly on time in the area... wait till the misison time expires but neither the STARBALL nor the VAGRANT won't show.....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a suggestion for my problem..... I can't find nor the STARBALL nor the VAGRANT in the ARIMA sector...... I've tryed to watch in the nearby sector but with no results.....

I have tried a dozen of times the mission, arriving in the area right when the mission start.... before it start and a while after the mission start....... It's getting me sick!!!!

However I agree to fail the mission and proceded in the ACM.....

I actually had a shuttle tow Starball and the Vagrant said that the shuttle was under towed and took off without it. I sent that shuttle after them and two sectors later "delivered it" to the Vagrant - mission accomplished...