How to use a cargo pod...... (I already read all the previus topic....)

DennyMala

Sorry to post again that problem but a read all the previous discussion on the topic and found that the indication and the reference on the manual provided in previous answers are not correct in relation to the manual copy that I have.....

I have problem using the cargo pods; I can easily put items in the pods but I can't find a way of retrieving them out.

I know that I can put items in the transporter bay to beam them on the surface of a planet generating a cargo pod, and I have read that in single player mode there is no way of putting directly in space a cargo pod without using a shuttle.

But how the hell can I use things where I could put something in and can't find a way of having it again in my hands?

I have read an answer from the SC that referred to P.39 of the manual; no luck...it doesn't match with my manual.... I have bought BCMG and the inner manual is in ITALIAN (I live in ITALY), provided with the software there is an english version (a PDF file) that is slightly more extensive than my italian copy but nowere I could find an exact and explicit description of how to use cargo pods.

Sorry for the bother but I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!

P.S.: Where I could find a complete and extensive manual for BCMG? For download naturally.......

THANKS

If your talking about the CC's cargopod loaded from LOGISTIX > CARGO

Just keep at least 1 item of whatever you loaded into the cargopod in the CC's cargo / weapons bay

Then when you want to retrieve the item from the cargopod just select the remaining item in the manifest.

I once "lost" 50 FC ASSETS in a cargopod back when they would accept 500 items.

Thanks Pugwash, I already found that way but I thought that was only a second way of retrieving the items previously put in a cargo pod. So I assume there is no way of seeing the contents of my CC cargo pod..... I have to remember what I put in the pod and always leave at least a unit in my CC cargo bay to be able to extract them from the pod....?

Well pardon me but it doesn't seem to be a very handy mean of administrating my ship logistic..... but if it's the only way.......

By the way anyone can give me directions on where to find a complete manual of BCMG?

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

Thanks Pugwash, I already found that way but I thought that was only a second way of retrieving the items previously put in a cargo pod. So I assume there is no way of seeing the contents of my CC cargo pod..... I have to remember what I put in the pod and always leave at least a unit in my CC cargo bay to be able to extract them from the pod....?

Well pardon me but it doesn't seem to be a very handy mean of administrating my ship logistic..... but if it's the only way.......

By the way anyone can give me directions on where to find a complete manual of BCMG?

I do have to remember what I leave in the pod, but do not have to leave at least one item to remove them from the pod.

If you are interested in a complete digital manual you could scan in your current printed book and use some OCR, combine it with the various additional appendixes and any other material and then complete the package in Word or Acrobat.

Just don't distribute it or in any way violate Fair Use laws and it is your right.

SC has been pretty clear about not making the instructions an e-book in any way.

Personally I have printed out the needed info from the appendixes and have been blessed with a good enough memory for the rest.

I have a nice little binder with color tabs for quick refrence sitting by my computer.

Sorry I can't think of an easier way for your purposes.

If you unload all items from a cargo pod, you can retrieve anything and everything ... including items you can't highlight 'cause you stored them all.

Or, you could buy one more of the same item ... allowing you to then highlight that item for storage retrieval.

Thank MARVIN but how the hell can I UNLOAD ALL ITEMS from a cargo pod....?

I found that option only for craft such as SC, OC and drones.....

I have look beter in the game and I am almost sure that is not possible to unload all cargo from a cargo pod.....

Maibe you are talking about a cargo pod piked up by a shuttle.... in that case the items are automatically moved to the shuttle bay and when you hit the unload all items button you empty the shuttle bay.....

quote:

Originally posted by Fiver:

I do have to remember what I leave in the pod, but do not have to leave at least one item to remove them from the pod.

Don't just say you can do it give an exact step by step instruction on how to unload a CC cargopod and don't give instructions for the Shuttle cargopods.

Thanks everyone.... the matter can be closed to me..... now I have understood how to use the pod of my CC.... it's not the most friendly of the method but that is what the SC has provided us.....

If can be of help keeping the board clean, anyone who have the authority can delete the topic or do what must be done.....

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

quote:

Don't just say you can do it give an exact step by step instruction on how to unload a CC cargopod and don't give instructions for the Shuttle cargopods.

I could have sworn I simply selected the item and unloaded it, even if it was at 0... but will double check.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

quote:

I think the below steps should do it. I just wish you could indent in the forum ... it would make the following instructions easier to read.

STASHING CARGO

1. CC Icon ÔÇô SELECT

2. CC Menu ÔÇô SYSTEMS

3. Systems Menu ÔÇô LOGISTIX

a. Cargo ÔÇô SELECT

b. Miscellaneous Tab ÔÇô SELECT CATEGORY

c. Item ÔÇô SELECT

Quantity ÔÇô SELECT (UP/DOWN ARROWS)

Eject ÔÇô SELECT A/R

Note: If cargo pod is not ejected, items will remain in pod until unloaded.

4. Logistix-Cargo ÔÇô LOG OFF

UNLOADING CARGO POD

1. CC Icon ÔÇô SELECT

2. CC Menu ÔÇô SYSTEMS

a. Cargo ÔÇô SELECT

c. Item ÔÇô SELECT HIGHLIGHTED ITEM

Note: If all of one item was previously loaded into a cargo pod, that item cannot be accessed for unloading. In that case, select any other item (in any category) and use the procedure for unloading all cargo.

Partial Unload ÔÇô SELECT QUANTITY (ARROW)

Unload All ÔÇô CANCEL TAB

Note: Selecting the Cancel tab will return all stored items to CC inventory.

4. Logistix-Cargo ÔÇô LOG OFF

Ok, now I have a question.

In the BCM:G manual, page 53, section "USING CARGO PODS", Second paragraph.

It clearly states that I can use the eject button from the Cargo screen to loose them forever OR I can eject the pod from the bridge.

The book does not explicitly state that the pod can be picked up if ejected from the bridge but it IS implied.

So the question is how do I eject the pod from the bridge view?

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

STASHING CARGO

1. CC Icon ÔÇô SELECT

2. CC Menu ÔÇô SYSTEMS

a. Cargo ÔÇô SELECT

c. Item ÔÇô SELECT

Quantity ÔÇô SELECT (UP/DOWN ARROWS)

Eject ÔÇô SELECT A/R

Note: If cargo pod is not ejected, items will remain in pod until unloaded.

[/QB]

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the manual MARVIN..... it clearly states that if you do so you will loose forever the items that you jettison in the space...... that procedure don't create a cargo pod..... it simply trash the selected cargo items......

quote:

Ok, now I have a question.

In the BCM:G manual, page 53, section "USING CARGO PODS", Second paragraph.

It clearly states that I can use the eject button from the Cargo screen to loose them forever OR I can eject the pod from the bridge.

The book does not explicitly state that the pod can be picked up if ejected from the bridge but it IS implied.

So the question is how do I eject the pod from the bridge view?

This is a feature that will be available only in multiplayer game to make possible for a player to exchange items with another..... if you search the noob forum fot the mach words "cargo pod" you'll find that also the SC has confirmed that......

MP RULES!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

quote:

STASHING CARGO

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the manual MARVIN..... it clearly states that if you do so you will loose forever the items that you jettison in the space...... that procedure don't create a cargo pod..... it simply trash the selected cargo items......

My fault for using the word "stashing" ... without explaining that I used it in the context of stashing cargo "off ship." I guess I sayed up too late last night, watching Monk and the new cowboy program that followed ... got in a hurry and just did a cut-and-paste from my Dash-1. Didn't realize the term would confuse you.

I assumed I could recover the items later, especially if they were ejected on a planet. Either that or the Eject button offers another option when you hover the pointer over it. Truthfully, I don't remember. I'll go back and check later.

But thanks for the catch. It probably means another change to my Dash-1.

Nope, that wasn't it at all.

As I now recall, I used the "stash" option to move items around so I could make room for upgrades. The note was to remind me that, if I did eject the pod, I'd lose anything stored within.

But, while checking it out, I found that if I loaded items into a CC pod via Logistix they didn't register when I later went to TacOps-Transporter. To actually "stash" items off ship, I needed to load the pod via Tactical.

I must be missing a step somewhere

P.S. Edit time for previous post has elapsed.

quote:

Nope, that wasn't it at all.

As I
now
recall, I used the "stash" option to move items around so I could make room for upgrades. The note was to remind me that, if I did eject the pod, I'd lose anything stored within.

But, while checking it out, I found that if I loaded items into a CC pod via Logistix they didn't register when I later went to TacOps-Transporter. To actually "stash" items off ship, I needed to load the pod via Tactical.

I must be missing a step somewhere

P.S. Edit time for previous post has elapsed.

Loading a cargo pod in the LOGISTIX interface it's the same as loading the cargo bay of the transporter for deploying a cargo on the furface of a planet..... it's true that it create a cargo pod on the planet but it's not your CC cargo pod that one.....