Hello everyone

Huwie

Hi. My name's Huw and I'll be your newbie for today!

I'm a relative newcomer to the BC series. I downloaded BC3K some time last year and was totally wowed by it, but sadly it didn't run very well on my PC. Undaunted, I got hold of the demos for BCM and they didn't work particularly well either. A couple of weeks ago, though, I wandered back to the website and found news of BCMG and I thought to myself "well this one HAS to work", and duly ordered it (from the ONE single website I could find that sells it in the UK).

BCMG, I was ecstatic to discover, runs brilliantly on my system, and there was much rejoicing! I've been playing it avidly over the last few days, and getting my arse roundly kicked by just about anything that moves, heh. But I'm slowly getting to grips with it. I just can't believe the scope of BC, and as so many others have said, BCMG is pretty much the answer to my gaming prayers (at least as far as space sims go - for RPGs there's Morrowind ).

So I hope to be around for quite some time. How are all you guys today?

Welcome to the forum, and I am glad you are loving BCMG so much.

There's a lot to see, so take a peek around, if you have questions, use the search function, it is one of the best I've ever seen, if you can't find your answer from there, then ask away and we will do our best to help you out.

And I am doing just fine, thank you....

Thanks for the warm welcome, Jaguar!

quote:

There's a lot to see, so take a peek around

Haha, yeah, I have been nosing around the board whilst waiting for my membership to be confirmed. The team have done a superb job of documenting everything and placing it all within easy reach.

Don't worry, before I ask any questions I'll try my hardest to make sure they haven't been answered elsewhere. I don't wanna get a bollocking for at least a couple of weeks.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Huwie:

Hi. My name's Huw and I'll be your newbie for today!

Hello n00b. Here's your t-shirt, wear it proud

Thanks SC!

*greedily grabs t-shirt, orders the BC jacket, trousers and thong*

This is gonna look great!

Can anyone tell I'm addicted to BCMG already?

quote:

Originally posted by Pery:

uh, those "red" shirts the SC hands out to n00bs are not necessarily a good thing for the recipient...

LOL!!! Damnit Pery, did you have to go an' tell 'im what color it is? Didn't we already have a don't scare the n00bie thread awhile back?

Now he's gonna go dye it Yellow or sumthin'

[ 09-12-2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hi HUWIE, I totally agree with you about BCMG and MORROWIND.....

Have fun and a nice time here in the forums.....don't be scared by the vets.... they more nice than you'll ever say.... just make sure you don't break the rules or else...... ... ...

....you'll be on your own........

Nice to meet you!!!

quote:

just make sure you don't break the rules or else......

Haha, yeah, that was made quite clear to me when I joined!

Which is why whenever I have a question I always go back to the manual first, and the answer's always either there or buried in the forum somewhere.

Having said that, I was going to ask about a weird invisible ship phenomenon I have been encountering (no, not cloaking, not even I'm that stupid), but I think I'll wait until I'm absolutely sure it hasn't been covered somewhere...

Nice to meet you, too! A fan of BC or Morrowind is a friend of mine indeed!

By the way, would everyone please stop scaring me with the red t-shirt stuff? I was just gonna give it to Resnig anyway. BC is scary enough as it is. I'm getting tough now, though - I even blew up a shuttle the other day! Fearsome ships, those shuttles...

Don't worry about the red T-shirt... I'm here since about a month and never heard of that...

...anyway the option of giving it to Resnig is always available.......

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

BTW the special red shirt is for marine target practice!

Ohhh...let's see....I only have 40 marines aboard my ship that are trying to kill me...?

Guess I should have to recruit another 40 marines at the next starstation.....and buy some coffins....

• 4 weeks later...

After 3 long years since I bought the BC3000ad version and finished it I finally found BCMG and I bought it and loaded it and now I am back in the groove of things. I hope to get the chance to chat with some of you soon and even meet in the MP sometimes. I hope everyone will welcome me in.

quote:

Originally posted by Osjuan:

After 3 long years since I bought the BC3000ad version and finished it

Welcome aboard, though I would really like to see the save game where you "finished" BC3K.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

quote:

Originally posted by Osjuan:

After 3 long years since I bought the BC3000ad version and finished it

Welcome aboard, though I would really like to see the save game where you "finished" BC3K.

He's probably talking about the ACM campaign scenario.