fix shuttle

BIG BEN

Hello,

I, my AE crashed his shuttle and somethings are dammage, can he repair the shuttle? Or I have to put one SE on the shuttle so that one can repair the shuttle.

I can of coarse send the CC down pickup the AE and get the shuttle inside.

Thanks for wasting your time

Only SE can repair shuttles, CC and fighters. To repair shuttles and fighters:

-they have to be docked at the CC or...

-they have to be docked at a station with your AE aboard.

In both instances, you must assign SE.

The CC can be repaired both when docked at a station and in space.

When you want to do repaires, assign engineers in the logistics screen, and be sure to have the necessary equipment to repair your system.

quote:

Originally posted by fishface60:

If you repair a Shuttle or a Fighter at a Station it is instant, you just click a button and you are fully repaired, I use this trick because it is just too slow any other way

Definitely not..... maybe it's faster by replacing a system than repairing but it will not be done instactly.

Probably the AI of the station's enginer is higher than the ones on your CC so they will take less time....

Repairing at a station is not instantaneous. You could launch the damaged shuttle and then shoot it up (killing at least one marine needed to pilot it), and then buy a replacement at a station. Maybe thats what you mean?

If so, I wouldn't want to be a crew member on your CC.

quote:

Originally posted by spindokter

Repairing at a station is not instantaneous. You could launch the damaged shuttle and then shoot it up (killing at least one marine needed to pilot it), and then buy a replacement at a station. Maybe thats what you mean?

No,I am in the shuttle with spare parts and my question was can the AE repair the shuttle or if a SE is on board can he repair the shuttle without going back to the ship or starbase?

If it is not possible why are than the spare parts than on board the shuttle, I did not put then in the shuttle cargo bay.

Thanks

quote:

my question was can the AE repair the shuttle or if a SE is on board can he repair the shuttle without going back to the ship or starbase?

That question has been answeared. Read my post.

quote:

why are than the spare parts than on board the shuttle, I did not put then in the shuttle cargo bay.

If your shuttles are docked to your CC and you have intruders on board, the intruders will often fill your shuttles with cargo from the CC.

quote:

why are than the spare parts than on board the shuttle, I did not put then in the shuttle cargo bay.

If your shuttles are docked to your CC and you have intruders on board, the intruders will often fill your shuttles with cargo from the CC. [/QB]

Or else that might be the contents of a container you get with the shuttle.....

Why waste a perfectly good Marine?

There's always way more flight engineers than are nescessary anyway, they make good cheap expendable shuttle pilots.

(Just get them the hell out of the shuttles if you get boarded)