night time and day time?

Ace Ventura

Is there such a thing? The reason I ask is that I went to Zelana in the credian quadrant. I decided to try and land and it's very dark there, can't really see anything.

Got to thinking that there might be night and day time zones within the game?

also for some reason the ship goes really slow when on that planet and acts strange. Tried to leave once and I couldn't. However, there are military base zones on the planet. Hmmm?

yes there are night and day cycles... if you wait around long enough you can see a sunrise or a sunset. If you want to land on the daylight side, set a waypoint in tacops before making planetfall

Well the game was acting kinda weird. I had saved the game before going on the planet thank God for that.

If I didn't do that I would be up a creek right now!!!

So I just resumed where I had saved. Too scared right now to try it. The planet is freaky looking "red" and it was very dark I couldn't see NOTHING! pitch black.

I will go back though... count on it!

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

i always found odd to have no nightvision on starships / fighters / shuttles, but hey, that's another topic

Yeah I was just about to post about that. Heck even our own military right now uses it.

Wonder if UC will have it?

Maybe because ship have their own sensors system and huds so you don't have the need for a light amplification device.....

If I remember correctly troops have that kind of device along with the portable tactical interface....

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

i always found odd to have no nightvision on starships / fighters / shuttles, but hey, that's another topic

This was in both BC3K titles but never made it into BCM and higher because I clean forgot about it.

No, its not in UC either, but given time, I might add something similar to the DIE IVM mode.

Funny thing is, when I was writing and testing UC scripts, I can't remember how many gunships I trashed during a nighttime mission. I knew I was missing something in that equation. Now I remember. heh. But its fun flying NOE at 200' in hostile territory.....until you ram into the side of a mountain.