ATV troop deployment

dirt12

Ok, I couldnÔÇÖt wait on UC anymore and went out and bought BCMG this weekend. Having much fun with it. That said, IÔÇÖve run into a couple of quirks that I thought someone could straighten me out on. IÔÇÖve read the manual cover to cover and searched though the appendices, VCRÔÇÖs and forums.

IÔÇÖve seen here that others have had issue with deploying marines from shuttle craft. IÔÇÖm having this same issue and wonÔÇÖt boar you with the details. According to these forums SC is working on a patch for latter this month. Great!

Other then relying on the transporter I was hoping that in the meantime I could deploy them using the ATV. I canÔÇÖt seem to figure out how to do this and maybe this is related to the same issue.

IÔÇÖve prepped 5 marines, sent 1 (pilot) to SC1 and 4 (1 driver, 3 to deploy) to OC1 and made sure they all boarded. SC1 flyÔÇÖs down to the planet and deploys OC1 without any problem. Then I go to TACOPS and zoom to OC1 and left-click on it to bring up the orders menu. I find no option for deploy team. When I click on CREW it only offers me a listing of the 3 marines (4 -1 driver) but no option to deploy them.

I've read in some instances people have advised transferring them to an AWAY TEAM but I see no option for that either. Am I missing something? If you canÔÇÖt deploy your marines from the ATV is there any reason for putting them it (other then the 1 driver).

Also, if someone could PLEASE offer me a way to reverse the yaw/roll axis. ctrl-J does nothing for me.

winXP

geforce3

pentium4 1.7GHz

512 MB of RAM

MS Sidewinder FF Joystick

quote:

Originally posted by dirt12:

IÔÇÖve read the manual cover to cover and searched though the appendices, VCRÔÇÖs and forums.

SC, I didn't know you were sending out support videos now

quote:

IÔÇÖve seen here that others have had issue with deploying marines from shuttle craft. IÔÇÖm having this same issue and wonÔÇÖt boar you with the details. According to these forums SC is working on a patch for latter this month. Great!

Other then relying on the transporter I was hoping that in the meantime I could deploy them using the ATV. I canÔÇÖt seem to figure out how to do this and maybe this is related to the same issue.

IÔÇÖve prepped 5 marines, sent 1 (pilot) to SC1 and 4 (1 driver, 3 to deploy) to OC1 and made sure they all boarded. SC1 flyÔÇÖs down to the planet and deploys OC1 without any problem. Then I go to TACOPS and zoom to OC1 and left-click on it to bring up the orders menu. I find no option for deploy team. When I click on CREW it only offers me a listing of the 3 marines (4 -1 driver) but no option to deploy them.

I've read in some instances people have advised transferring them to an AWAY TEAM but I see no option for that either. Am I missing something? If you canÔÇÖt deploy your marines from the ATV is there any reason for putting them it (other then the 1 driver).

Also, if someone could PLEASE offer me a way to reverse the yaw/roll axis. ctrl-J does nothing for me.

winXP

geforce3

pentium4 1.7GHz

512 MB of RAM

MS Sidewinder FF Joystick

Your AE needs to be in the shuttle to get the options to transfer crew to the away team, same goes for the shuttle.

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

Try setting up a waypoint for the OC too with the deploy team order......

I think that should do....

except OC's don't have the option in the waypoint orders; or I'm just blind.

Would be nice though, I guess I'll just have to keep getting my hands dirty with the Marines

quote:

Try setting up a waypoint for the OC too with the deploy team order......

I just went and checked. No such waypoint option for OC. But thanks anyway

ah, missed your second question up there.

No you can't deploy troops from the OC unless your AE is in the vehicle. you CAN deploy teams from a shuttle, though some people have had problems with this method.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've gone to deploying marines using the transporter since it seems like the only why for me without putting my AE in the line of fire.

I've had pretty good luck with them taking out an TER/INS base (the scum!) but was wondering if there is a way to group them and issue group orders rather then having to individually click on each marine and issue it an order.

For example: I'd like to be able to easily tell a team of six marines to take out the launch pad. Do I need to click on each marine to issue the command separately?

I thought this was suppose to be a feature in BCMG?

Okay, I figured as much. Is a similar feature offered in UC?

Another question pertaining to OC's. I deployed 2 ATV's and 2 LAV's 10 km from an insurgent base. Each OC was manned by 1 space force marine. All OC's were equiped with 10 APM-Radix missles. Once deployed I set two waypoints for each of them. The first waypoint(proceed to next waypoint) was set near each of the OC's and the second waypoint (SAD) inside to INS base. The OC's would not engage. They drove all the way into the base and never fired a shot. I even issued specific targets to attack and they just drove circles around the targets without ever engaging them. I must be missing something. Do I need more then 1 marine in an OC? Are SFM not able to operate the OC's correctly?