Two questions from a newbie

mfh

I'm new to the Battlecruiser series and have two questions (for now) while I'm trying to learn the game.

Is it possible to save the game or can this just be done when exiting? Trying to learn the ropes and I die a lot while doing so.

When plying an instant action scenario, will I be told if I acomplished the goal when it happens or do I have to wait until the time runs out to find out if I succeded?

/mfh

Hi mfh

I'm no expert but I haven't yet found a way to save the game without also exiting from it. I put this down to being a quirk of the game.

I die a lot too and would surely appreciate a quick save option

I would also prefer a save slot that I can go back to when I oops things. Then again I can understand why this is not an option in a game. If you are really hardcore it does lessen the achivement.

Oh, well. If there isn't one, there isn't one

/mfh

The manual has no appendix or FAQ. But I am impressed that there IS a manual and it has more than 20 pages.

To answer the original question, you can save by using the ALT-G keys and then picking a slot to save. You will have to reload.

I have pored over the manual for hours and still have gotten next to no where. I managed to land on Earth, but that is it. I have no idea why my weapons no longer work, or what STS means and why it relentlessly flashes on my HUD. I have no clue why I canÔÇÖt find a target, any target, on the planet to home in on. I just want a destination to fly to, but no joy. I would settle for a Wal-Mart to target. I did manage to land and take off again. And that is the sum total of my accomplishments to date; after about three hours I successfully made planet fall and then lifted off the surface again, flying east. So far I havenÔÇÖt hit sunrise, I assume the planet still orbits a star. As for the six billion people and the infrastructure that supports them I have seen no evidence.

Keep at it Holliday. I spent my first few hours trying to get my shuttle of Earth, realizing eventually, with some help, that I needed to use the 'escape atmosphere' keys. I still avoid ground actions because I feel like a Zimbabwean Tree Slug with the controls. Anymore I just launch OTS (orbit to surface) missiles on them from a distance. Oh, and when I did get off Earth? I found my command ship had wandered off because I forgot to park it. Oops! Nevermind the time I decided to go for a space walk and again forgot to park it! Ever try going planet to planet with a jetpack?

Thanks Holliday,

First of. Sinec topic got moved I should specify that this is for UC.

I had seen the alt+G on teh quick reference, but I guess having played to much Netchack in my days made me assume that save and exit meant that I would be given just one slot and when I died the slot would be gone.

Tried it and although slightly cumbersome it does what I need it to do.

Back to learning more.

/mfh