Ship name in TacOps and space color

PTBlues

First im a total noob to BC, and am LOVING UC.

in the tacops system as I'm zooming in and out looking for my CC I noticed all the other ships have names on the bottom of the ID square. My CC has "NONE". Is there a way to name this or have it use the name of my AE for easy identification?

Also I was curious why there is a multi colored "cloud of gas" in space instead of just blackness of space. I like it but was just wondering.

And do I need to mine plutonium for my shields or can I buy some?

Thanks for a super cool game...im hooked...

You can change the name of your asset in the selection screen where you choose what craft you wanna use.... and you may buy all kind of minerals at any starstation when you dock, just access the TRADCOM interface....

... at least this is how it works in BCMG... but I think it will do for UC too....

I must have skipped by the asset name, I remember seeing a _ there. Thanks.

Ill keep looking for plutonium, I docked at galcomHQ and they had lots of sportsware, but no plutonium lol

and thanks bandus, thats what I thought. there certainly lots of colors in space, i tend to have hubble shots as wallpaper most of the time

Just my opinion but I think the orange nebula effect in the SOL system is tooo much. I would prefer it to be about 50% less then what it is.

I would also love for the Moon to be in the same region as the Earth, and not being able to see it on the back drop when at earth makes it seem like that Space 1999 series I used to love watching with a young Barbara Bain...

quote:

Originally posted by Darkken Nightshade:

Just my opinion but I think the orange nebula effect in the SOL system is tooo much. I would prefer it to be about 50% less then what it is.

I would also love for the Moon to be in the same region as the Earth, and not being able to see it on the back drop when at earth makes it seem like that Space 1999 series I used to love watching with a young Barbara Bain...

Open the zip in the gfx directory and desaturate the nebula if you don't like it.

That's a great idea. I wonder if I can

even replace the entire file if I use the same bit depth, size/ratio and file name.

I know you can with sound files, but can you also unzip all the gfx files and then remove the zip

(i prefer moving it to another folder) ?

I may go over to www.space.com and get some of the

hubble screen shots, they may look fantastic as as well.

Thanks.

I would love to try and edit the .png files. what format are those? Which program can edit them?

Also for darkken, I had read unzipping can help load times, so I went and unzipped all the files, keeping them in the correct folders of course, then moved the zips to a second drive. Very easy.

and I feel stupid regarding the asset name.. DUH!

Edit... Darkken what I just tried to see is I took the skybox00 files (Sol) and backed them up and took skybox26 (place i havent been) renamed them to skybox00 and copied over the originals.

Worked great so far.

[ 02-15-2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: PTBlues ]

png=portable network graphic, meant to have small file size and lossless compression for web use. Kind of like a beefed up Jpg, IIRC. Paint shop pro, or Photoshop at the least can open the files.