Solar reactor

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if anyone has done any investigation, as to what the solar reactor(settings 1-10) had, in conjunction with,the recharge time, for engine charging, FC charging, and shield charging...just thought about it, but havent had time to experiment with it(I am at work at the moment).

quote:

Originally posted by street:

I was wondering if anyone has done any investigation, as to what the solar reactor(settings 1-10) had, in conjunction with,the recharge time, for engine charging, FC charging, and shield charging...just thought about it, but havent had time to experiment with it(I am at work at the moment).

Good question; I have a suspicion as to the answer. For now I'll shut up until proof is brought forth.

I see there's a new "doh" smiley. SC, am I going to need this once the solution to this puzzle comes to light?

Last night I ran out of Radine (BAD!) but was able to use the solar panels to generate enough power to launch all my fighters (to defend the crippled ship) and a shutttle full of spare parts and my AE (to jump to the nearest station and tradcom some juice!)

Worked pretty well...except that by the time I made it back, the CC's Logistics had become damaged (intruders, no doubt) and I was unable to power on the Launch Controls... *

I've also noticed (or maybe it's just my brain playing tricks) that the Hdrive recharges quicker when you turn the sreactors up to 99%

Can anyone confirm this little fantasy?

Well, I figured I'd jump in on this bandwagon; I've been following it since it started, and I'd like to see what the result of this is.

I tested your theory 5pyd3r, and after a couple tests between Moon01 and Moon02 the HJ Recharge time stayed the same. Maybe I did it wrong, I only did like 3 trials before I gave up. But I think we're all onto something here.

I didn't actually adjust my CC to have a higher SR Percentage however. I simply adjusted the power allocation in logistics. Both times were about 43 seconds recharge of my trials. Anybody confirm this? I started the stopwatch the second I got out of hyperspace in my Questar.

And SC says "I've dropped enough hints, stfu and read!".

Thanks for the links, Cmdr Chavik! Very enlightening...now for some field tests on capacity and duration for this invisible battery. Hmmm...*peers thoughtfully at a trembling systems engineer*

considering i have no idea how to solve this problem i thought it was quite funny. only it didnt help me solve it none. did help me blame gallion tho, he was to pull the BC3K "technical fluff' together for an appendix, now that would probably help lol

Ok I'm back, had a nasty HD failure, and now it is time to freaking crack this nut (must be done within this weekend since the studies take over next week).

Going to attack this in two ways based on the snippets:

Why is it not charged?

(reg: ATV that stopped firing)

...and it does just that

(reg: solar power used until reactor is back online)

Cheers - bbl

So if I'm correct setting the solar reactor power to 0 or 10 will do the same since there is no battery available and the output is constant...?

I keep waiting to see if there's a notable difference in solar battery output. Parked my 'cruiser planetside. As a side note, UC is really cool in that as the sun set, the solar output diminished over time. Unfortunately, the elusive chargeable "battery" has yet to be seen -- if that's what you meant.

I remember reading that about the battery in the old BC3K docs. The thing was, I didn't see any concrete evidence of its behavior there either. Then again, BC3K was somewhat unstable on my rig anyway so I didn't have the luxury of trying that kind of stuff. I messed with the solar battery question somewhat in BCM but gave up.

It'd be nice to have a definitive answer on this. Something concrete like "do this and watch that..."

On a side note, I've managed to come across what I think might be a bug. That's for another thread though...

Maybe it's not a battery in the CC that gets charged, but the batteries in the shuttles. If the solor power setting in logistix is at 10, then the shuttles get charged normally. Anything less than that and the shuttles recharge at a slower rate. Maybe at the lowest setting they don't even get charged at all...I haven't tested this, though, because I have yet to find a place where you can tell the battery status of a shuttle.

Try looking at the TACTICAL/LAUNCH panel, there you'll find the status every system of your sc along with the charge status....

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Try looking at the TACTICAL/LAUNCH panel, there you'll find the status every system of your sc along with the charge status....

You also get that info from the bridge view using the VDD under support ship status(SSS).

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

You also get that info from the bridge view using the VDD under support ship status(SSS).

Yeah right SIR..... there's always something to learn.....

However nice to see you back on business.... (N.B. it's alchool free beer.... )

quote-Hm. Now there's an interesting implication. That it separates "power" from "output" would imply that the two quantities could differ. I never really paid attention to that detail before -- only the min/max/current/available numbers at the end.

I suppose this means we need to define what those two guys mean. Since "output" is used also in "current power output" I would take that to be what power is actually dumping onto the electric grid. So that leaves "power".

i found out the definition of power snd output (from bc 3000ad manuel)

output-amount of power units produced by (nuclear reactor/solar reactor)

Power-(nuclear/solar)reactors maximum configuration profile

hope it helps, Harlequin