• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

(I'm gettin' fat... )

LOL!!!!

I'm glad you liked it..... how about a clue in return...? ...

the SETTING, between 1-10 is the question which remains unanswered....I dont know HOW one, would check this, but I had a thought, while playing last night,which I do not think anyone has mentioned.

When I run around with my(SR), set on 10(figure more has GOT to be better), I get the FEELING, my turrents are more powerful; however, I cannot figure, a way to test the theory accurately

Maybe someone has an IDEA, on how this could be verified for accuracy????????????

ANYONE?

p.s. it's probably, just a psychological desire, creating the ILLUSION

[ 07-02-2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: street ]

Personally, I have always felt that the solar reactor was there so that I would have some power (providing I was able to get light) when my ship was a smoldering wreck and my reactor was down.

I don't see any benefit to systems other than they are operational when the reactor is toast.

Regardless this answer has always been sufficient for me so I keep it powered at 5 and forget about it... until I get JACKED UP. Then it comes in handy.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

the SETTING, between 1-10 is the question which remains unanswered....I dont know HOW one, would check this, but I had a thought, while playing last night,which I do not think anyone has mentioned.

When I run around with my(SR), set on 10(figure more has GOT to be better), I get the FEELING, my turrents are more powerful; however, I cannot figure, a way to test the theory accurately

Maybe someone has an IDEA, on how this could be verified for accuracy????????????

ANYONE?

p.s. it's probably, just a psychological desire, creating the ILLUSION

SC knows the answers to all your SR questions.

You should ask him.

And if he actually posts a reply to your question that includes even the slightest clue concerning the solar reactor you will forever be a UC forum celebraty.

You'll know that out of all the forum regulars that have begged for answers since this past March, you're the one who finally got SC to spill the beans.

Or... you could be completely ignored by everyone and known as the guy who killed the solar reactor thread.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Too simple for the SC....

SC please enlighten us.....

Simple for SC? I think he planned this all along, something to keep us coming back to these forums to bow to the scheming god of the space genre, the ultimate coder of the battlecruiser series, the creator of my battle-crack addiction...errm back to topic...

Hey guys, maybe if we offer him our sisters... (JK)

I just turn always my solar batteries towards the sun. How it helps, I actually don't give a damn . I know one thing that with having plates towards the sun you get lots of additional power points. But I have enough even without them. Is there any ETA on when this thread will end? We getting old and fat.

Well... in my humble opinion the solar reactor is there just to help the nuclear reactor. For instance... having 80 units of power from solar energy and 100 units of power from the nuclear reactor the ship systems would first use the 80 solar power units, and only then the ones obtained with the... the... (how the hell is it called that substance wich fuel the Nuclear Reactor...? that one anyway). So, in the end, in the situation i used as an example, only 20 units of nuclear power are used if one has systems activated for 100 power units, thus using less radines(that is the name, right?).

By the logic when you increase power of it the output of solar reactor should increase too. But there wasn't any real aknowledgment for that. And people also say that too much is not always too good. Wasn't any acknowledgment for that either. So I guess thread is starting all over .

I dont think there is any battery, otherwise it would be evident.

Hey, wait, what if the setting on the solar reactor had something to do with the Galaxians?

Far feched, but we have seen SC and his strange storylines.

Ditto00: Stop tormenting us SC! Your making my brain hurt! I've never.. thought.... this......... hard!

*gets an Aneurysm*

Ditto00: You there, Medic!!!!! CLONE ME A NEW BRAIN!!!

Medic: But sir, your not dead yet. We have to clone you as a whole new person. But, i'll take care of that....

*Beams Ditto00 down to surface of obsidia, but somehow survives atmosphere... but then a mysterious light... and a strange message...*

Ditto00: no... get away from me... NO! NOOOOOOOO!

*and.............. suddenly............. out of the light comes........... SC?!?!?! And with a really BIG club, smacks ditto00 in the head for exposing his most well guarded secret

GEEZ!!!! No way I'm trying to read through that..... it reminds me why I left the university.....

[ 07-05-2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: DennyMala ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ditto00:

yes its radine

And we already now that the reactor provides backup power, what we are trying to figure out is what the power setting in logistix does for the solar reactor

Well I know this won't satisfy you but perhaps the obvious is unacceptable for one of your, "love to chase my own tail" mentality. IT DOESN'T DO JACK SQUAT. Go ahead and change the settings. Hell turn it off. Hmmmm... interesting? Not really. I chalk it up that some things are there for affect and if it came down to me needing 5 units of power I would turn that sucker off and likely notice no diminished ability. Sometimes we have to accept the obvious rather than chucking it aside and ignoring it in favor of the obscure.

If I am wrong then I challenge SC to correct me otherwise I will believe I am dead on right and be happy with my embracing of the practical *snickers*.

Guest kenny87

I keep thinking it doesn't do anything, but then the question below keeps popping into my mind:

If it didn't do anything, then why would it have been in the past 4/5* games?

Doubt the answer is so this thread happens, the SC can't be THAT evil!

Can he?

*Don't know if it was in BC3k 1.x

Battery, galaxians... so far it was only 2 theories and none of them make sense. Well battery does, but what for it is? It doesn't affect systems of the ship whatsoever. Solar reactor saves radine? Well sooner or later you run out of it anyway and you have to dock to buy more. So far solar reactor is pretty useful device.. to keep discussion alive on this board . I can't find any other reason for it to be so vitally useful.

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

quote:

Originally posted by Ditto00:

[qb] yes its radine

And we already now that the reactor provides backup power, what we are trying to figure out is what the power setting in logistix does for the solar reactor

Well I know this won't satisfy you but perhaps the obvious is unacceptable for one of your, "love to chase my own tail" mentality. IT DOESN'T DO JACK SQUAT. Go ahead and change the settings. Hell turn it off. Hmmmm... interesting? Not really. I chalk it up that some things are there for affect and if it came down to me needing 5 units of power I would turn that sucker off and likely notice no diminished ability. Sometimes we have to accept the obvious rather than chucking it aside and ignoring it in favor of the obscure.

Chill out dude. No need to chafe people's hides.

And besides, if you read my other posts, I believe it doesn't have any significant ability either. It's another one of SC's evil schemes, and it's working on me.

Alright anyway, I just leave the reactor set to off. On or off, it still provides me with power.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I think I'll give it a few more days before I chime in.

A few days?? Today is 117 days, tell us SC!

All your answer are belong to us, along with your base.

Sheesh! Will this movie ever end?

Derek, I can see you sitting there in front of your network interface, reading all this speculation with a wry grin and laughing to yourself and saying, "Puny weakminded fools!"

ROTFLMAO

"where's that Cider jug?"