Solar reactor

"In 2907, the first fully functional Mass Drive Reactor was developed. This reactor used a mineral called Radine as fuel for anti-matter conversion. The reactor was also capable of using energy absorbed from a solar source. Stronger materials for building the external hull of ships were also developed. Technological research had reached a new level."

this is in the histoy section of the appendix and is saying that the solar source is used as fuel for the reactor and the nuclear reactor uses radine to fuel the enigines so the solar reactor transforms light energy into ether stored (battery theroy) for use while their is no solar enery imedeitely availibile or for the enigine to use as fuel sraight away!

the power level could be explained like this:

5 units --------- for direct enigine use none set aside.

6 or more ------- for storage in battery if the light isnt availibile.

SC, Pls say ive got it right.

failing that then pls tell us the the true use

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the solar panels power all the normal systems without the reactor then it must convert that standard energy in the normal systems into energy for the enigines and the 6+ sets reactored energy aside for the enigines and the normal systems when out of the suns light.

has anyone tried activating the central charging unit during experimentation?

maybe if i reported sc as a gamulian spy and earthcom interrorgated him maybe, just maybe he would cough up the infomation.

i mean its a bit like a ship desiger not telling the commander that their is a fail-safe on his cc that pumps the sewage onto the bridge if you dont turn the key when you are wanting to leave spacedock!

then resnig would probably just say

"piority one alert, weve got intruders onboard"

then he would start shooting the sewage, accidently hits the NRC which shuts down and we still dont know how the SR works. so we cant leave and the pumps dont have power to suction!

Please hold while I locate my gundam colony, you know, the one I DROP on people... If you see it, let me know, you can't miss it. It's a twenty kilometer long, five kilometer wide, technologically advanced orbiting cylindrical habitat...

*Builds a SC shrine in the thread. Then sends up offerings in apology to SC for anyone even THINKING the person who CREATED UC and such could ever POSSIBLY be a Gammulan spy. Then Colony-Drops Imploder.*

quote:

has anyone tried activating the central charging unit during experimentation?

yes...EVERYTHING works, with reactor off, and solar reactor settings set to 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 AND 10.

If your aligned with the SUN.

It just takes MORE time, to see veriations, of the various different systems. So far, I cannot confirm anything; HOWEVER, I believe the hint was given, very early on in this thread:

quote:

Supreme Cmdr [GALCOM]

posted 03-08-2004 05:53 AM If you don't allocate power to it then its not likely to store as much power - nor hold it - for very long.

This tells us, IT definately STORES an energy reserve, somehow...and for some length of time...determined as to how high the setting is set.!!

quote:

posted 11-28-2001 08:31 AM

quote:Originally posted by Andrew Presby:

2. Do the CC systems interact with each other like they did before or were many changes made there too? For instance, the old manual mentions a battery which stores the power that the solar reactor converts. The BCM manual does not mention a battery. Yet I've lost my reactor, been on the dark side of a planet and seemed to have power, so do I guess I have a battery, but the new docs don't mention it.

**SC's Response:

2. Yes. The solar battery is dynamic, not static. Which is why Gallion thinks they weren't in there. They were and still are.

Here, SC confirms, there IS a battery and it is DYNAMIC, rather than static. Thus the higher the setting, the BIGGER the DYNAMIC battery's charge will be and the LONGER it will hold that power.

quote:

Yet I've lost my reactor, been on the dark side of a planet and seemed to have power, so do I guess I have a battery,

This, I have NOT seen. I may be going about it wrong...but it appears to be a valid scenerio.

I tried to find the post, where someone SAID, the ORIGINAL BC game, demonstrated significant ENGINE SPEED INCREASE,with the SR settings and later was disabled.I could NOT locate it, maybe..I imagined that too? This may just be a misconception that has confused the issue, for me.

In conclusion: It LOOKS like, you run around with the thing set to 10, and then, you find yourself in a situation, where there is NO light source, and your NR shuts down...and life support will maintain for an x amount of time.

If you run around with it set to 1 (or a lower number than 10)... and same scenerio occurs.... no light,and no NR.... life support and etc, will maintain, LESS THAN X, amount of time. AND THAT IS THAT.

NOW...to prove it!!

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

Please hold while I locate my gundam colony, you know, the one I DROP on people... If you see it, let me know, you can't miss it. It's a twenty kilometer long, five kilometer wide, technologically advanced orbiting cylindrical habitat...

*Builds a SC shrine in the thread. Then sends up offerings in apology to SC for anyone even THINKING the person who CREATED UC and such could ever POSSIBLY be a Gammulan spy. Then Colony-Drops Imploder.*

i meant that that someone could BLAME him to make him give the answers

NOT GULTIY

i mean what sort of cmdr would i be if i didnt understand the workings of my BC.

i think a court martial is in order for you.

perverting the course of justice.

dievulging codfindential infomation on the court martial.

wasting court time with trival matters.

court dismissed

quote:

Originally posted by Street:

In conclusion: It LOOKS like, you run around with the thing set to 10, and then, you find yourself in a situation, where there is NO light source, and your NR shuts down...and life support will maintain for an x amount of time.

Took my Violon out for a test. Ordered a full stop and waited till we were dead in the vacuum (water doesn't apply). Aligned my ship so the sun is directly above me and shows yellow with red circles.

Powered everything down in logistics but the solar reactor(10), nuclear reactor, main- and aux lifesupport.

Waited for 4 hours. (checked alignment of the sun regularly, it didn't change)

Shut down the nuclear reactor and rotated the ship so that the solar reactor went to 0.

Life support went down immediately and less than a minute later my crew's LF starts going down.

Four hours of sun-bathing didn't do me any good.

x = 0

Street, you say in the top of your post that EVERYTHING works. What do you mean by that because without the nuclear reactor some systems refuse to work?

quote:

Street, you say in the top of your post that EVERYTHING works. What do you mean by that because without the nuclear reactor some systems refuse to work?

In logistics,with JUST solarpanel power...you can turn EVERYTHING on...at maximum. Engine to 10, SR to 10, shields ...etc. This is what I meant.

quote:

Four hours of sun-bathing didn't do me any good.

x = 0

I have come to the SAME results, in my trials.

I can ONLY go by the information I have availiable....and must conclude: I am either, missing a piece of info, or it is a feature disabled, since the initial release of the game...I do NOT KNOW!

quote:

In logistics,with JUST solarpanel power...you can turn EVERYTHING on...at maximum. Engine to 10, SR to 10, shields ...etc. This is what I meant.

You mean you can power the systems but do they actually work? Engine does not work, cloak does not work and a few more, in my case.

quote:

street whined 08-20-2004 03:26 PM

I tried to find the post, where someone SAID, the ORIGINAL BC game, demonstrated significant ENGINE SPEED INCREASE,with the SR settings and later was disabled.I could NOT locate it, maybe..I imagined that too? This may just be a misconception that has confused the issue, for me.

v1.08 RC3 - 03.30.02

The issue may be that when the SR is off, no power can be allocated. Because that is not the case, perhaps, and I dread to mention the word, there is a ......b...no can't say it.

If as the manual suggest the SR converts solar power to a form usable by the ships systems it must surely be on for it to function. Why the different power levels exist and why you can still power the ship with the SR remains a mystery. One that I will have Kendrick investigate immediately, with his current AI he doens't do much anyway, so he as the time available!

quote:

Cmdr Chavik

Tacops Cmdr

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted 08-24-2004 05:15 PM

quote:street whined 08-20-2004 03:26 PM

v1.08 RC3 - 03.30.02

Fine, Chavik. If the answer is in THAT VCF, then I will sort it out tonight.......and you won't have to hear me WHINE anymore.

Twenty-five hours of sun-bathing didn't do me any good.

x = 0

quote:

Originally posted by Street:

Yes,

Could you elaborate on that and finnish the sentence, please?

[ 08-27-2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: dreadx ]