Solar reactor

quote:

Twenty-five hours of sun-bathing didn't do me any good.

x = 0

you should have one hell of a space tan

quote:

quote: Originally posted by Street:

Yes,

Could you elaborate on that and finnish the sentence, please?

Yes, some of the systems(engine,...etc) won't run on solar power alone...your observations, in those respects, are correct. BUT everything can be turned on and powered, in logistix. This is what I

meant, and I believe this is intended, and as designed. The question concerning the power settings on the Solar reactor, is my only "unknown".

Its like having a light switch, and NOT knowing what it turns on and off. If, I had a REAL ship, at my REAL-LIFE disposal....I'd have Kendrick tearing it down, and tracing, the wires!!.

" KENDRICK, I said: GET ON IT!....NOW!!! "

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this thread is still going!! Its like Seinfeld (the sitcom about nothing), a thread about nothing.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

Its like having a light switch, and NOT knowing what it turns on and off. If, I had a REAL ship, at my REAL-LIFE disposal....I'd have Kendrick tearing it down, and tracing, the wires!!.

LMAO!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I can't believe this thread is still going!! Its like Seinfeld (the sitcom about nothing), a thread about nothing.

...and this will go on until we have a final and clear word I suppose....

The Solar Reactor is just there as another power source... a power source whose output is based on the orientation of the ship.

Keep it off unless you need it for an emergency since it uses up some of the power that it produces (based on power level?).

I actually hoped that if you had it on, the ship would use solar power in preference to radine, but I haven't had the opportunity to time the slow ticking away of radine to see if more solar power slows the use of radine.

As per the link that SC included above, the Solar Reactor operates in the absence of radine. Its backup power not enough to run the ship, but enough to bootstrap itself with enough power to keep the basics working so you can operate even when you arent paying attention and run out of radine.

My guess (and I do not know the history of BC, so this is supposition) is that originally the ship simply ran on radine, but during play testing, it was found that you are royally screwed if you ran out. So, the solar reactor is there so you can at least limp back to the corner radine Quickie-Mart.

quote:

Keep it off unless you need it for an emergency since it uses up some of the power that it produces (based on power level?).

Makes sense....... but what happens if you run out of Radine and aren't orientated in the right position to pick up sunlight? How do you start the solar collectors?

Hmmm..... Off to do some testing

quote:

Originally posted by Destroyer of Worlds:

I figured it out, and tested it to see if it worked, but i am not telling anyone. I like watching this thread.

(don't bug me for the answer, because I won't give it to you.)

You know you will get a lot of enemies in MP this way...right?...

Ive read through this entire thread and its painful just to read let alone be involved in, merly reading it had you gasping for the answer, I read this thread yesterday and im hooked

SC please can we have the answer

quote:

Originally posted by TSCavalier:

As per the link that SC included above, the Solar Reactor operates in the absence of radine. Its backup power not enough to run the ship, but enough to bootstrap itself with enough power to keep the basics working so you can operate even when you arent paying attention and run out of radine.

My guess (and I do not know the history of BC, so this is supposition) is that originally the ship simply ran on radine, but during play testing, it was found that you are royally screwed if you ran out. So, the solar reactor is there so you can at least limp back to the corner radine Quickie-Mart.

but the solar panel supply ship systems with power without the solar reactor so what use is the solar reactor and the different power inputs. hence the topic name!!!

anyway, the solar reactor is for a power crisis or damege causing the ejection of the nrc and a good cmdr wouldnt need to ever have to use it, but im here for curiosity.

SC if you tell us the use we will hail you

The point is not what the solar reactor is or what it do..... is what is the difference between the power settings that you can allocate to it; what changes if I set it to 5 or to 10?

So Destroyer of Worlds, you say you figured it out, but you're not going to tell anybody. It seems to me that if you did tell us and it worked out, then you might be considered a god in this forum. But since you only CLAIM to know what it does, and won't back it up with proof, then why should we believe you? Eventually the answer will come out, and you will say 'I knew that is what is was', but nobody here is going to care. Wouldn't you like to be known as the guy who figured it out for the rest of us rather than just another battlecruiser fan who claims he isn't ignorant about the game, but isn't willing to back it up his claim with some facts????

I could say the same thing about SC, but since he WROTE the game I sure hope he knows what it does. If I were to guess, I would say that you probably had no involvement in the the development of the game, therefore I am led to believe that if you do know what it does you managed to figure it out or some one told you. But since you are unwilling to share the knowledge with others so that we can verify it and give you the credit for solving it, I guess you'll have to live with the members of this forum thinking your just talking BS and just trying to look impressive.

But hey, if you don't want to tell us, that's your choice. Just as us not believing you is our choice. Happy gaming.....

*Looking at Destroyer's quote... and the lack of registration in the sig.*

"Even an IDIOT can make something big!

My ideal is compact and high powered."

-Washu, No need for Tenchi volume one.

How can we trust you? *Leary eyed look.*

Tell us about your solar reactor, but first, REGISTER. And fix your sig so you have it. Otherwise... bad things may happen.