Marine Types When Being Boarded

I did some searching, however I am unable to verify whether any type of marine is better or worse when defending the CC from intruders.

Is that clear? Ummm, to rephrase, are all marines created equal when defending against intruders? Or are, say, EFM's better than MCM's?

Also, can MCM's help in treating wounded if set to search? How about ECM's and repairs?

Or are the differences only when actually deployed?

Well lets just say this

When defending make sure some of YOU'RE marines went through the "PREP FOR COMBAT" phase.

I've found that combat ready marines are more capible of defending the ship (duh ) since there wearing full armor while the other non-combat ready marines are still in there underwear carring maybe a pistol

Personaly, I don't think it really matters when it comes to marine types defending. As all marines will defend the ship no matter what (even the orbital marines, which personaly I don't see why we have them when we can't deploy them, will defend the ship)

You sure about this? I never prep my marines and they seem to defend the CC just fine. I just set them all to seach and am done with it. The manual states that they only have to go through that phase if you are planing on deploying them via shuttle or transporter, which I've so far stayed away from.

If preping does make them more effective in CC defence, how long does it last?

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

(even the orbital marines, which personaly I don't see why we have them when we can't deploy them, will defend the ship)

I've been digging around with the search function, and apparently one used to be able to deploy SF marines directly into space, however in large battles there where too many of them, and thier effectiveness was rather negligable due to the fact that they hardly ever recived a fireing solution. So it seems to me this feature was removed.

However, what I still don't get is why they have to die when deployed to a planet's surface. Or so I've read. Haven't actually tried this one out.

One thing I was wondering. Do you only have to Prep them once? Or every time after they have been off duty.

What I did when I first start wes send them all to be preped. Then send 1/2 on station (and 1/2 of those then went searching) and send the other 1/2 off duty again.

If you pre-prep marines, then its one step they don't have to perform. For e.g. if you have intruders, then send marines off and they are not prepped, they could come under attack during the prep phase and get killed. Thats why the ship always has some marines already prepped, toothbrush in hand, and ready to kick ass.

No

Unless you're combat AI is at 35 or more you're marines will NOT auto prep, you need to do it manualy

But once the ai get's up to 35 or more then I think I beleave the combat officer will automaticly begin preping them the moment an invader get's on board

Please read the Appendix, its stated right there under the combat officer crew information

Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Please read the Appendix, its stated right there under the combat officer crew information

I usually do when I have a question, but that one popped in while I was reading SC's reply.

quote:

Originally posted by Nakaleen:

One thing I was wondering. Do you only have to Prep them once? Or every time after they have been off duty.

What I did when I first start wes send them all to be preped. Then send 1/2 on station (and 1/2 of those then went searching) and send the other 1/2 off duty again.

If you pay attention to the PERSCAN while issuing the PREP order, the OFF DUTY order and the MEDIBAY order you'll see that the marine will go every time in the PREPPING ROOM to get or store his equipment. So I can assume that if you prep a marine he'll stay prepped until he's on service; so when you put him off duty or he is sent to the medibay he'll store the equipment.

quote:

Every time they've been off duty, or have gone to Medibay and been treated.

If you look in Tactical,->Crew,->Marines, Just before their assignment, you will see either Active, which simply means, "I'm Alive", Ready, Which means he's prepped, or Dead.

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

quote:

If you pay attention to the PERSCAN while issuing the PREP order, the OFF DUTY order and the MEDIBAY order you'll see that the marine will go every time in the PREPPING ROOM to get or store his equipment. So I can assume that if you prep a marine he'll stay prepped until he's on service; so when you put him off duty or he is sent to the medibay he'll store the equipment.

Except in cases of intruders from what I've noticed.

I've sent marines to the medibay during an intrusion and they never head to the troop deployment bay, they always head directly to the medbay.

Now if there are NO intruders and you send them to the medbay, THEN they'll head to the deployment bay and take off all that gear

Yeah... I've noticed this too..... maybe they intend the order as guarding duty at the medibay and not to become patients.