n00b: questions on ground ops.

ProXimity

Prior to sending my tanks planet-side, I loaded them w/ the 10 provided 'APM RADIX' slots via the 'loadout' screen. When I get them on the ground (even driving one myself,) I can't seem to select the missles to fire.

Also, I took out a 'launch pad' on an enemy base. It turned blue. Soon after, the enemy seemed to build it back up before my strike was over, and it turned red again, and launch fighters which eliminated my forces.

What determines how fast these bases are rebuilt?

Is it possible to entirely 'destroy' an enemy base? And does it stay 'blue,' or does the enemy retain it?

Is there any financial reward for it?

Thanks for any assistance you may offer.

ProX

Note: I am flawed, not THE GAME

quote:

When I get them on the ground (even driving one myself,) I can't seem to select the missles to fire.

Don't know if this will help,but I was rereading the manual addendum on 'asset use & switching' and it may apply to your problem.

It talks about cycling between 1(guns),2(turrets),and 3(launcher) keys.

Haven't tried this myself(yet),but check it out on the downloads page.

Thanks m8. Yeah tried that initially myself. Seem to be able to cycle between the main (cannon) and the smaller gun, but thats it.

I even designated several targets, and tried to use '3' and fire on them, until I noticed the 'missles' on the HUD was grey, not green.

ON a side note, I did discover for myself though, that you can entirely take a base!

I 'paved' the way w/ a tanix, after drawing out the troops w/ a single marine 'beamed' down. LOL!

Sorta like kicking the ant-pile up before pooring the gas on it!

I then cleaned the rest of it up as per SCs thread on ground ops.

It wasn't too long, however, before they took it back over.

I don't know if I made any money or points off of it, I didn't save as a marine eating a chocodile flatened a shuttle into the surface.

ProX