Why attack military bases?

Scratch

Alright couple of problems first off I attacked a Mul/Rai base and lost experience points no probes in the out in space. I am ter/mil btw. Secondly why should we attack Milatary bases? Can we get vehicals and cargo from them once they are destroyed? there are so many of em anyways. Can we capture command centers or anything else? Why do some buildings turn to a blue tag after you destroy them?

Just a couple questions I hope you can answer.

Fun game btw

quote:

Originally posted by Scratch:

Alright couple of problems first off I attacked a Mul/Rai base and lost experience points no probes in the out in space. I am ter/mil btw. Secondly why should we attack Milatary bases? Can we get vehicals and cargo from them once they are destroyed? there are so many of em anyways. Can we capture command centers or anything else? Why do some buildings turn to a blue tag after you destroy them?

Just a couple questions I hope you can answer.

Fun game btw

Hi there

For your words I understand you are looking for a "motive" or "purpose" to justify an attack to a military base.You want to know whats the goal of doing such action.Well, this is the second thing of this game that can be hard to get used to(fist one is complexity IMHO).In other games they give you a goal and just play the game to reach that goal.BC games requires that you set your own goals.The advice when you start the roam mode says it all: do whatever you want.Plain and simple.You want to imagine you are a commander tasked to invade the zone of a planet for future expansion? then search a mzone of your like and burn to the ground everything you find.No ingame movie or screen will award you after acomplishing that(except for exp and medals),you will only have the satisfaction of having acomplished the objective you imposed to your own.

Some commanders write down their experiencies in the game as if it was some sort of report or onboard diary,so they can look back at their achievements and failures and see how their commander has evolved in the BC universe.This game has a lot of roleplay involved into it.I would say that it is one of the main pillars.

If you dont take it that way you will miss the major part of the fun this game has to offer.

Now have fun!

I figure theres 40,000 bases around and it was not challenging at all to attack and completely destroy this paticular base. All I did was have myself cloaked and attacked blew up everything within a few minutes while fighters provided CAS. I was kinda hoping for some goodies on the ground but got nothing. Is it safe to say that when you destroy bases they stay destroyed?

No, like starstations, after awhile they will be rebuilt. You have to try various ways of attacking bases. EVERYONE knows its easy to take out a base with your battlecruiser, the fun and hard part about trying to take out a base is actually deploying Marines, Fighters and shuttles dropping off a variety of combat vehicles and staging your own personal little battle. Either sit back and watch the show from TACOPS or go down there yourself and lead the attack. The game doesn't give you formats and limits on how to play the game, you have to do it yourself...well in Roam mode at least.

quote:

I figure theres 40,000 bases around and it was not challenging at all to attack and completely destroy this paticular base. All I did was have myself cloaked and attacked blew up everything within a few minutes while fighters provided CAS. I was kinda hoping for some goodies on the ground but got nothing. Is it safe to say that when you destroy bases they stay destroyed?

OK great, you've beat the game then? Good, time to move on I suppose.

quote:

Originally posted by sun:

quote:

to invade the zone of a planet for future expansion?

Well..will this happen ? Will the base rebuilt for your side (ter/mil)?

Hummm... as far as I know it will NOT.Sayed that to put an example of a imaginary reason to burn a base

Sorry if I gave you hopes of what its not.

Heard that conquer a base and/or build structures of your own was originally planned for this game, but it was cutted from the list due to lack of time,perhaps in the next BC game we will see this.

quote:

Why did I lose experience points? Did I kill rabbits and endagered species while destroying the Mul/Rai base?

Was a diplomat destroyed while you were orbiting the planet? If that was the case, you would loose ep.

quote:

Saw many of the enemy buildings turn to blue neutral tags wonder why that is?

That usually means it blew up.

It is now under reconstruction.

You get EPs for blowing up stuff, of course, so your loss was most likely due to the presence of a diplomat in the region. Note that diplomats DO exist in roam mode. And even if a diplomat is destroyed by a party neutral to you, you still lose EP's.

In the event you come across neutral parties, you could target the diplomat and click the tractor button. The neutral parties will then ignore the diplomat and let it go on its merry way. Note that this is a bit tricky when hostiles are in the area.

A good practice to maintain, therefore, is the immediate evacuation of your forces from a region in the event you come across a diplomat. So long as your forces are not in the region, you will not be penalized for the destruction of the diplomat's ship.

My primary reasons for attacking enemy installations is to:

1. gain experience points, and
  2. get them on my side by capturing them

This is tricky because the target can easily be destroyed before I can capture it.

I have yet to play Battlecruiser Millennium Gold Edition (BCMG) and Universal Combat (UC). However, from what I have read here, it appears as if the player can only capture starstations, not starbases. This is the case in Battlecruiser 3000AD v2.09 (BC3K).

So if you want to attack bad guys on the ground, you'll get experience points, a medal, or both and that's it. If you want to turn a bad guy into your friend, then attack a starstation!

That topic has been covered extensively in:

[*]New Commanders ┬╗ Taking over enemy bases, and

[*]the other threads that are linked there

Enjoy building your empire and good luck trying to keep it.