Glossary of abbreviations

Spiny

It's not as ambitious as Unknown_Enemy's version, but it's all you're getting.

Feel free to offer corrections, additions and comments. Spellings are UK English.

Thanks for the help SC!

Format is CSV (comma sepatated values). Paste it into a spreadsheet.

? indicates an entry I'm not sure about.

[ 08-12-2003, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Spiny:

Feel free to offer corrections, additions and comments. Spellings are
UK English

aw, thats nuthin'. Wanna impress me, combine yours with Unknown_Enemy's, add the pages (for BCM Gold), put it in a nicely formatted HTML file, send it along to Gallion to give it once over and I'll add it to the appendix when Gallion passes it along.

quote:

aw, thats nuthin'. Wanna impress me, combine yours with Unknown_Enemy's, add the pages (for BCM Gold), put it in a nicely formatted HTML file, send it along to Gallion to give it once over and I'll add it to the appendix when Gallion passes it along

At least you didn't tell me there are loads of definitions missing.

It'll have to be the PDF version. I've got the European micro manual.

quote:

quote:

aw, thats nuthin'. Wanna impress me, combine yours with Unknown_Enemy's, add the pages (for BCM Gold), put it in a nicely formatted HTML file, send it along to Gallion to give it once over and I'll add it to the appendix when Gallion passes it along

At least you didn't tell me there are loads of definitions missing.

It'll have to be the PDF version. I've got the European micro manual.

Send me the data and I'll format it into HTML for the Appendix

Warning - Data better be right I really don't like to make corrections once Appdenix updates are release

TTFN

OK, merged with Unknown_Enemies, corrected and reference to the manual and appendix. Now 278 terms.

Note - use the manual's page numbers, not Acrobat Reader's.

Tell me what's missing and I'll try to add it.

[ 08-12-2003, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Isn't the PDF manual on the European CD the same as the US printed manual?

I used the numbers on the bottom of the pages in the PDF, not the ones AcroRead gave me. The Acrobat numbers are always 4 pages ahead.

The only other solution I can see is a downloadable manual, so everyone can use the same version.

quote:

Isn't the PDF manual on the European CD the same as the US printed manual?

No. I never created that PDF manual and the pages will definitely not be the same as the printed version.

quote:

The only other solution I can see is a downloadable manual, so everyone can use the same version.

And thats never going to happen. So thats the end of that.

quote:

Btw, I think you're still missing a few. Off the cuff, there's APM, APN, APR, CSM, FC&C, HUD, Km and MBase to be reckoned with.

I've got C&C, but it won't hurt to have FC&C as well. KM is a no brainer. The others are fair game.

The more feedback I get, the sooner it'll be finished. Keep 'em coming!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

SPiny, instead of creating a new thread with an update, why don't you either update the original post with the revision or post a text file on a website somewhere and just post the link?

If I try to edit it, I get this:

quote:

FYI

Sorry, the time in which you may edit your message has elapsed.

┬╗ Please use your browser's back button to return.

My ISP offers free web space. I'll look into that.

ah yes, I change the forum so that after five mins you can't edit your original post. I did that to prevent abuse by people later editing their posts and then confusing the flow of a thread.

Anyway, I think you should put the file in an MS Word or text file, this way I can probably print it to .PDF format. I am even considering having all the appendix files in BCG converted to PDF format and I recently bought pdfFactory Pro for something else I needed docs for.

Guess it'll have to be the section number then.

NOTE: There are TWO appendices... There's an appendix in the BCM Gold manual... AND the HTML Appendix. We need a way to distinguish them.

Is there a "glossary" that can be incorporated as well? Hmmm...

I can create a webpage, but my ISP is being difficult.

I can use a revolting, restrictive, online template based system, or I can FTP it. In order to use FTP, I have to be on one of their IP addresses, and I'm at work...

The template based system won't allow me to upload files, only data.

The best I can at the moment is this.