Glossary of abbreviations

Spiny

quote:

Originally posted by Spiny:

292 entries, and now readable.

Give me feedback!

What's missing, what's spelled wrong, and what's unclear?

Why is there a ? preceeding some entries?

Please don't make up stuff and add your own terms. If its not in the manual its not valid. e.g. what is FEN? SEN? RLI? And where in the manual do you see them used?

And one look at the list and I can see close to 50+ missing entries. If you want to do this right, you have to go back and read the manual - page for page.

? indicates terms I'm not sure about.

Some of the entries are from the appendix.

SENGINEER and FENGINEER are mentioned in castes.

I guessed this would be shortened to SEN and FEN if it actually shows up in the game. Hence the question mark. I've never seen a flight or system engineer on a planet, so I wasn't sure about those two. I'll delete those two.

RLI is in the manual, section 6.6.

quote:

Once activated, the Radiation Level Indicator (RLI) is displayed. This shows the amount of radiation currently spreading through the ship as a result of the cloaking system being on. The higher the RLI, the more radiation there is. Once the level reaches the Red zone, various ship decks and crew will become radiated. The system can be safely operated eight to ten minutes at a time without fear of radiation contamination. The RLI will gradually return to zero after deactivating the system.

I can go throught the manual again, but I'm not entirely sure which terms to include.

STATUS, REGION, PLANET and so on?

ZS10?

MINESWEEP, MINELAY?

It would be nice if more people could tell me what's missing, but that's obviously too much to hope for.

quote:

? indicates terms I'm not sure about.

Some of the entries are from the appendix.

I guessed this would be shortened to SEN and FEN if it actually shows up in the game. Hence the question mark. I've never seen a flight or system engineer on a planet, so I wasn't sure about those two. I'll delete those two.

Those are RE and SE

quote:

RLI is in the manual, section 6.6.

I know its in the manual. Thats not what I was talking about when I mentioned that. In the manual it tells you what RLI means. In your file you have changed the terminology (contrary to what a glossary should be). It should be RLI - Radiation Level Indicator and not what you currently have there. Cloaking is not the only device that causes radiation and so the RLI has *nothing* to do with the cloaking system.

quote:

I can go throught the manual again, but I'm not entirely sure which terms to include.

STATUS, REGION, PLANET and so on?

ZS10?

MINESWEEP, MINELAY?

Of course not. You'll know what needs to be included when you come across it.

quote:

It would be nice if more people could tell me what's missing, but that's obviously too much to hope for.

Why? Its your project. If its worth doing, do it right or don't do it at all, otherwise its just going to end up being more trouble than its worth.

quote:

quote:

Those are RE and SE

RE? I hate to ask, but is that a typo?

I'd have guessed FE.

quote:

RLI has *nothing* to do with the cloaking system.

OK, I'll correct that one.

quote:

Why? Its your project. If its worth doing, do it right or don't do it at all, otherwise its just going to end up being more trouble than its worth.

I can hope, can't I?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Those are RE and SE

RE? I hate to ask, but is that a typo?

I'd have guessed FE.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dacis2:

Feel free. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Jabbapop:

I can't find AFV anywhere. Any idea where you saw it?

As far as I know, AFV is Armoured Fighting Vehicle, so it could be used to describe just about any ground vehicle in BCMG.

• 4 months later...