Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

quote:

So, what do you vet thinks of the new breed of newbies?

I like them. Most of them at least. We have the usual come in, get your fix and leave, which is fine. Then the unknown lurkers. Fine as well. Then the come in and participate kind of guys. Those are my favorite.

I read the tech forums for two weeks solid when the game first came out. First were the "game won't run" kind of posts then the real bugs started coming in. I was amazed. These guys were trying stuff and seeing stuff this tired old brain of mine never thought to try and stuff these tired old eyes never saw.

I like 'em. Can we keep 'em?

quote:

Define 'vet' for the BC series

Derek has hollered at you at least three times.

You are still here.

You know what an airlock is.

You know where they are.

One has your name on it.

You know what a workaround is.

You know why Resnig is hated.

You know the difference between a feature and a bug.

You can fly from Earth to Polaris without Navitron.

You remember the forum before this one.

You remember the "Name Your Ship!" thread.

You are still using that ship name.

You registered last century.

That's all I can think of for now.

Woohoo...i guess i'm a vet now. Its just good to see the forums alive and kicking with new questions and new problems that remind me of when i first picked up BCMG. And i think SC only got mad at me once...yeah and Eclipse edited my post once. But i made it...i'm one of the few.

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

Woohoo...i guess i'm a vet now. Its just good to see the forums alive and kicking with new questions and new problems that remind me of when i first picked up BCMG. And i think SC only got mad at me once...yeah and Eclipse edited my post once. But i made it...i'm one of the few.

Yeah, this new breed have it easy. They missed all the fun and are only just showing up now that there are few problems and the series has matured. Lucky b*stards.

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

quote:

Define 'vet' for the BC series

Derek has hollered at you at least three times. (Oh yeah, I've been hollered at plenty of times, last week actually I think)

You are still here. (:waves: And your never getting rid of me)

You know what an airlock is. (When I was a noob I just lived in one all the time)

You know where they are. (Of course!)

One has your name on it. (Like I said, one was my place of residence)

You know what a workaround is. (Naturally)

You know why Resnig is hated. (Isn't it obvious?)

You know the difference between a feature and a bug. (More often than not)

You can fly from Earth to Polaris without Navitron. (Never really tried)

You remember the forum before this one. (Definetly)

You remember the "Name Your Ship!" thread. (Oh yeah)

You are still using that ship name. (I sure am, check teh sig)

You registered last century. (I did)

That's all I can think of for now.

I remember asking the community at large once when I wouldn't be considered a newbie anymore. They said if I had to ask if I was still a newbie than I was one. They were right. :-)

Seems there's a couple of dem deer "Super-Noobs" over at GoneGold now.

Before UC over there, I considered myself a BC "vet" because the number of people playing it could be counted on the fingers of one foot.

I enjoyed that, actually

But now? Forgeta 'bout it

I may be new to the this forum, but I have been around since the first BC hit retail stores. I remember the 2 page ad in PC gamer with the pretty babe waiting for her boy toy to stop playing and come to bed. The promise of the features, expansiveness, pervassive/persistent univerise and the AI brought me to follow this series.

But don't you dare call me a newbie: I am one thing and one thing only: The Customer.

Keep focus that it's the faithful returning customer, whose dollars "help" keep this going.

It doesn't hurt to have a dedicated SC whose VISION is what started this process. But each of those newbies out there took money from their pockets and bought something that promises entertainment, challenge, and fun. I know from experience that thru the dedication of the SC, the extended team around this world that assists in developmemt and testing, that soon my dollars invested will finally deliver a solid reflection of the SC's vision.

So beware hanging any title over anyones' experience. We can all contribute in great ways by reporting what is good and what is bad in this series, and view this epic as an investment. The product right now, delivers fun and excitement that I was looking for when I bought 2.0. I am very happy to have made this investment, and I plan on sticking around for the long haul. Hope to see you ALL there !

quote:

Originally posted by Darkken Nightshade:

I may be new to the this forum, but I have been around since the first BC hit retail stores. I remember the 2 page ad in PC gamer with the pretty babe waiting for her boy toy to stop playing and come to bed. The promise of the features, expansiveness, pervassive/persistent univerise and the AI brought me to follow this series.

But don't you dare call me a newbie: I am one thing and one thing only: The Customer.

Keep focus that it's the faithful returning customer, whose dollars "help" keep this going.

It doesn't hurt to have a dedicated SC whose VISION is what started this process. But each of those newbies out there took money from their pockets and bought something that promises entertainment, challenge, and fun. I know from experience that thru the dedication of the SC, the extended team around this world that assists in developmemt and testing, that soon my dollars invested will finally deliver a solid reflection of the SC's vision.

So beware hanging any title over anyones' experience. We can all contribute in great ways by reporting what is good and what is bad in this series, and view this epic as an investment. The product right now, delivers fun and excitement that I was looking for when I bought 2.0. I am very happy to have made this investment, and I plan on sticking around for the long haul. Hope to see you ALL there !

Sidown noob!! LOL

And quit kissing up!!

Hehe....

I too remember that ad... Gawd... forgot about it until it was mentioned. Had BK3K pre-ordered for like almost a year.

Had played Krellan Commander up till then... Oh-My.. The Krellan way!!

'Remo Williams' Hmm.... You on EVE:Online Remo?

quote:

Originally posted by Darkken Nightshade:

Jaguar / Bandus: Glad you found my post funny. I'm not so sure that my statement that I just now feel like I have a product that reflects my expectations and purchase when i bought 2.0 (how many years later?), is kissing up

Was messing with you, last night was my birthday, so was giving you a bad time because I was in a good mood.

Now siddown!! LOL