BCM Gold or UC - Information Needed

typhon

I am new to this forum so sorry if I have posted in the wrong place.

I have just bought 2 games under an offer which were BCM gold edition and universal combat.

I installed BCM and patched it, it all looks really good, after messing about for a bit, i then read the manual for UniversalCombat and realised they had a lot of things the same, I have not installed UC yet and hope to gt an answer to the following before I do.

Which is the better/later version of the game BCM gold or UC?

[ 05-03-2004, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by typhon:

I have just bought 2 games under an offer which were BCM gold edition and universal combat.

Which is the better/later version of the game BCM gold or UC?

Where did you get this offer at?

UC was originally BCG, the sequel to BCM (which has an interim Gold edition). As such, it [uC] is still a member of the BC series and as such is a much more advanced version of BCM/Gold. Due to its graphics requirement, you may not be able to run UC unless you have a card with a vertex shader.

GAME in the uk do an offer of two games for 30 UK pounds, I saw BCM which I had been looking for, i then eeded another game looking through the offerings I saw UC, I was in a rush and with the way there packed I did not see then as even in the same leauge, when I looked at UC I thought it was the only other thing that looked OK in the selection, where as BCM was a must buy, which just goes to show how the packing effects us .

hehe, well both games have their strengths. If you have the horsepower to run it, then UC is your best bet; but of course, with two games, you have 2x as many missions, variations etc etc.

yes plenty of horse power here, I do a lot of flight sim's as well and was in the industry for a long time, I have to say that BC was somthing I wanted ever since the VIC 20 came out, I did start down the path of writing somthing like it ony in this case I was going down the star-trek type route, I planned to have each bridge station on a different VIC 20 and when the C64 came out I did start it, I then realised the time it takes do even the basics, The BC stuff is very close to what I had in mind, simply brillint.

quote:

I planned to have each bridge station on a different VIC 20 and when the C64 came out I did start it

ah yes, an insane person. Welcome to our niche. You'll like it here and will fit right in.

The more I look at this software the more I love it, I must get some sleep at some point, it is clear tere are many more things that could be bolted on, it must have been very dificult to decide what got included and what would be left till later in order to relese it, i would guess that if you had tried to do everything you wanted to it would nevr get finished, I beleve what you have here is a game that will evolve for a very long time.

quote:

i would guess that if you had tried to do everything you wanted to it would nevr get finished,

Yep

quote:

I beleve what you have here is a game that will evolve for a very long time.

You dunno the half of it.

I like the colour pictures of the crew in BCG now there green screens in UC, I think unless I missed some thing, I am still learning and the learning curve is a steep one, which is always a good thing.

quote:

I like the colour pictures of the crew in BCG now there green screens in UC, I think unless I missed some thing, I am still learning and the learning curve is a steep one, which is always a good thing.

I think there is a thread in the Mods/Cheats forum about how you can use the portraits from BCM in UC by copying some files over. I'd search for it.