Universal Combat v2.0 Patch Comments

Absolutely incredible patch! Improvements and additions are great and game is running smooth. Only on question. I miss the background voices when on the bridge that were in the original release. I'm not sure when they were removed or if they were removed. Anyway, is there a reason they were taken out? I really liked the atomosphere created by these little background voices. Thanks again, SC!

I have stoped playing UC for a while.

Now with this new Patch its much more faster on Planets, i got around 20 FPS more. The best thing is that i can blast the half base away just with my marines :-p

Just one Thing is anoying me. Why cant i hit Vehicles which are very small in size in a tank?

i tryed to decouple the maingun on my mayem and aimed all the way down but never hitted one, the bigger tanks are no problem but smaller ones like ATV and so on are non killable, because the gun dont aim down

quote:

Originally posted by Darkreaver1980:

Just one Thing is anoying me. Why cant i hit Vehicles which are very small in size in a tank?

i tryed to decouple the maingun on my mayem and aimed all the way down but never hitted one, the bigger tanks are no problem but smaller ones like ATV and so on are non killable, because the gun dont aim down

The turret/gun will not go beyond its limits. If it did, it would intersect the body of the model.

To hit targets like that, you have to be at a larger distance.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

Are the anti-OTS turrents on top of starbases new, or did I miss something?

wot anti-OTS turrets? I didn't change any of those units. If I changed any model, it will be noted in the VCF.

Turrets on starbases and starstations are designed to shoot down missiles, regardless of type. An OTS is a missile.

Guest Shingen

hmmm.. OK, I must not have been paying attention earlier in the series.

I used to be able to nuke a starbase with one OTS, now they all get shot outta the sky.

..not that I'm complaining, or anything.

Yay! The Megaron has MK1 Shuttles!

The game is definitely running faster now on planets with the new model format. There is less loading when new entities are created too. The planetary textures also look clearer. The new Intruder and Marauder are nice, but are still of little to no value in roam since you can't really put AI troops or vehicles in them (they end up on top), nor can they operate the crafts' guns. Will the AI ever be allowed to use them in UC?

I just bought this game two weeks ago, and haven't been able to put it down since. Was frustrating at first, lots of CTD's, but the patch has caused dust to start collecting on some of my other games like BFV and Farcry.

I also heard the SC write something about working on support for NPCs to accompany the AE into crafts.

Lovin it, keep up the good work.

quote:

Originally posted by UltraMage:

The new Intruder and Marauder are nice, but are still of little to no value in roam since you can't really put AI troops or vehicles in them (they end up on top), nor can they operate the crafts' guns. Will the AI ever be allowed to use them in UC?

You can get them to enter any craft if you give them the dock order (you will see how in the tutorial I am wrapping up). But you can't get them to exit again.

I don't plan on making them use craft guns in UC, because its a whole new layer of AI code that needs to be written for it. I plan on doing this (and other nifty things) in the next UC game.

What I do plan for them in a future UC update, is to be visible (like your player character, once thats fixed) in open vehicles (e.g. CAV, UAV etc) and be able to enter/exit crafts using TOM orders. Thats it.

Guest kenny87

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

You can get them to enter any craft if you give them the dock order (you will see how in the tutorial I am wrapping up). But you can't get them to exit again.

Why does that remind me of the coliseum scene in the life of Brian?

"I don't want to go outside! ITÔÇÖS DANGEROUS!"

quote:

Originally posted by kencol:

SC,

On the issue of the background voices not being heard on the bridge, everything in the options page is enabled and I'm still not getting any voices like I was before.

I just tried it. Works just fine. I didn't do ANYTHING wrt soundfx in these patches. Try turning up the volume on your sound card and speakers

quote:

Originally posted by kencol:

SC,

I don't know, maybe something got corrupted somewhere along the way. I'll try re-installing and see if that cures it. Thanks.

Whatever. But if you derail this thread, you will be banned. You know the rules. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Guest Shingen

OK, what did you do now?

DLed new patch, installed, no probs.

New game (I always start NG with new patch), anyway, as usual I head towards Genesis to park my CC on the Moon, and trade in my shuttle.

Upon entering Moon region, I get jumped by a Megaron, Aestrom and Stormcarrier all in the same autogen!

Not only that, but I get boarded by 15 intruders at the same time!

Did you hard-code in Murphy's Law or what?

Nope. Didn't touch it. If its not in the VCF, I didn't mess with it. At least I don't think I did.

Besides, based on what you described, you should know that I have no control over the AI processing. I just give them rule based seeds and thats where my control ends.

Hope you survived.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Nope. Didn't touch it. If its not in the VCF, I didn't mess with it. At least I don't think I did.

Besides, based on what you described, you should know that I have no control over the AI processing. I just give them rule based seeds and thats where my control ends.

Hope you survived.

Of course I survived. You don't think I have 4 fighters, 4 shuttles, 20 missiles and 10 mines for nothing, do you?

I won't recount the whole adventure unless told to do so, as it would take some time.

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

I won't recount the whole adventure unless told to do so, as it would take some time.

Well, we have a forum just for that. I'm looking forward to reading it!!!

The number one benefit for me with the 2.0 patch was that the mid-flight pauses have been eliminated whenever a new object comes into range. This behavior kept me from buying the game outright.

But, with the promise of this being eliminated with the 2.0 patch, I bought the game.

Sure enough, no more long pauses mid-game. In fact, everthing is much smoother. There's still some frame-skipping during loading, but NOTHING like it was pre-2.0. A defrag would probably fix even this.

With the demo, every time a new ship would jump into the system, or if I was on a planet and ANYTHING new had to be shown, the game would freeze, the sound would start repeating like a broken record, and I would go take a bathroom break.

Now, it's silky smooth during the whole game, with only a slight (understandable) stutter when new objects show up. Now I just have to hold it