Mining drone lost on moon...

Last night while playing UC, I drove my CC into the moon's atmosphere, and halted it. I then went into tacops, and set waypoints for each of my shuttles for about 10 miles away from my CC with the order to deploy their drones when they got to the waypoint. All 4 drones were deployed a short distance from my ship, and my shuttles returned to the CC.

I could see all 4 drones driving around on the surface, and I had the option to zoom to all 4 of them.

I turned off my shields and went to class for about an hour. When I returned all 4 drones were still around (although 2 of them had wandered like 1000 units away) but I could still zoom to all of them, so no problem.

I took a break to eat lunch, and when I returned to extract my drones I noticed that there were only three. Under zoom/support units I only could find 3 drones, so I extracted them. Drone 1 was missing, however the Tactical Loadout screen for the shuttle still says that the shuttle is deployed on the moon, and is 100% full of rich loot =-). I don't see it anywhere, and I can't zoom to it in tacops.

I wasn't sure if this is a tech problem, or if I am just an idiot, so I went with the latter and decided not to post this in tech support.

My System:

UC Version 2.0

Motherboard - ECS k7s5a

Memory - 256 Mb PC133

Processor - 1.13 Ghz Athlon

Video Card - MSI Geforce 4 ti4200 64MB 61.11 drivers

Sound Card - Sound Blaster Live! most recent driver

Sorry about the system profile, I'm posting this from work (no web at home), and I don't have my CD case with me to register the game & make a real system profile right now.

I have ridden the mighty moon worm!

-Al Gore-

[ 05-20-2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: ddrakath ]

When your drone was inverted did it disapear from the list of support units you had the option to zoom to in the tacops screen?

My drone's locator beacon seems to be out, and although the moon is small, it's still a relatively big place to go looking =-) I wouldn't even worry about it, except I don't see a way to get rid of the drone from my shuttle's inventory or buy another, so I think I need to recover or destroy this one if possible.

• 4 weeks later...