Navigation on planets, HOURS

Could someone plz tell me how I can navigate places on planets faster, cause at the rate im going, it will take me hours to do this. Frankly, I dont want to spend hours flying on a planet just to explore it. I would like to fly to a starbase, naval base, or something, in less time. I originally thought the solution was to select a starbase, while u r in space, and assign ur Autopilot to fly to it, that way, u would enter the planet right in the general area of the starbase. Apparently I was wrong, can somepone plz help...

quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Lugies:

I originally thought the solution was to select a starbase, while u r in space, and assign ur Autopilot to fly to it, that way, u would enter the planet right in the general area of the starbase. Apparently I was wrong, can somepone plz help...

That is the solution, unless you set WP#1 incorrectly.

It's simple really. You use the TACOPS to set a waypoint to where you want to go. When you enter the atmosphere, you'll land at the waypoint automatically. No waypoint, no location. If you're already on the planet, set the waypoint, then go to orbit, and then back down.

quote:

... it doesent work... unless I am doing it wrong, I am still a noob at this game, so can u run through how it is done?

First you might want to make sure you setup your System profile here on the forum.

Go into tacops. Select the planet in question a menu will pop up and on the bottom of the menu is OBSERVE click on that. Now you should have the entire surface of the planet before you and just wait a second or two and the base locations will appear. Click on a base and the map will zoom to that location. Usually there's a cluster of bases in a particular area. Now look at the screen to the bottom left you will see a MENU click on that and you will now see the full option click on the WAYPOINT option.

Make sure your CC is the selected craft. On the bottom row of options you will see ADD click on that now the option that was in red SETPOS is green. Click on SETPOS now bring the mouse cursor to the map and there will now be a white box with a line attached and just place this wherever you want to bring your ship and click it on the map. WAYPOINT 1 is now set. Get back to the Bridge screen Hud and just turn on Auto Pilot.

Now when you make it to your first way point you can land and have your way with the bases in your area. When you are done, you can go back to tacops delete WAYPOINT 1 set another area of the planet with bases and repeat the above steps. Go back to orbit then turn on Auto Pilot.

quote:

... it doesent work... unless I am doing it wrong, I am still a noob at this game, so can u run through how it is done?

Have you even bothered to run the tutorial?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kenny87

quote:

Originally posted by Apple-Jack Mackenzie:

quote:

at the rate im going, it will take me hours ...

At the rate you're going it will take all of us hours ...

...To figure out what 'that' thread was about

Guest Captain_Loop

As dodgy as it sounds, I find the best way to get somewhere on the planet fast is to do the following:

Eg( Im in space with CC and want to deploy Shuttles at SBASE)

1) Go into Tacops, set the waypoint for the shuttles.

2) Shift-9 (hyperjump) to earth by selecting earth as a target in the CC and jump there.

3) say YES to planetfall.

4) Egress outta there and voila, you are in super close range of earth.

5) deploy shuttles, they will enter earth instantly.

Hope that helps

quote:

Originally posted by Captain_Loop:

As dodgy as it sounds, I find the best way to get somewhere on the planet fast is to do the following:

Eg( Im in space with CC and want to deploy Shuttles at SBASE)

1) Go into Tacops, set the waypoint for the shuttles.

2) Shift-9 (hyperjump) to earth by selecting earth as a target in the CC and jump there.

3) say YES to planetfall.

4) Egress outta there and voila, you are in super close range of earth.

5) deploy shuttles, they will enter earth instantly.

Hope that helps

Uh..?

And the objective is what?