Unable to run personnel over with vehicles

Feld

I don't seem able to run hostile marines over over with the mobile command center. The VCF says that collision detect is disabled for flocks and trees. Is it also disabled for marines?

Andy P.

wtf is a Mobile Command Center?

[ 06-06-2004, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

darn,

My post is badly named. It should be "unable to damage personnel with vehicles"

"wtf is a Mobile Command Center?"

double darn, wrong game. Mobile Command Center = Andy talk for what the manual and everybody else calls a "Mobile Forward Base".

I'm having trouble just damaging the enemy marines by hitting them with the Mobile Forward Base (MFB). I've tried it on 10 different enemy marines, at speeds from 5 to 25. On one occasion I saw the guy's TTD armor indicator go from 100 to 70. The rest of the time the enemy marine either passed through the graphic of the mobile forward base or grabbed onto the top, side or bottom! (Which was a big surprise when I got out and tried to find the annoying red dot that kept following me every where).

So my question now is: should I be having this much trouble damaging enemy marines with a MFB?

SC, first look at the people that frequent these forums when you ask that question...

If it is even remotely possible, SOMEONE will try it...repeatedly...until they are certain it either doesn't work, or it does and they get bored with it.

Man, what the heck are you thinking? You might scratch the paint or something trying to run Resnig's lard-can over. Or worse, something might get wrapped around an axle.

You're better off shooting him, preferably with either the largest calibur weapon you can find, high explosives, or a small calibur weapon to the crotch (after you shoot each of his extremities first).

D**n!!!

I've been compared to RESNIG!@?!!

On second look though, SC, you're right: I was sorta out in the weeds there. I wasn't going out and trying to find crazy stuff to do.

I spend 99% of my time on the CC and figured that I was missing alot of the game. So I was playing an IA scenario as an MI and getting my tail kicked. I saw the MFB on the map and figured, hey, at least it's got more armor than I do. So I jumped in to it and tried to shoot the incoming enemy marines with the turrets. I found I could rotate the turrets but not fire them. So I switched to plan B. Plan B was hit them with the vehicle. One of the little buggers grabbed onto the underside and rode around with me until I stopped and got out to shoot him off.

That's about when he shot me first

Lesson learned: Andy should stay in his CC where it's safe.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to nit pick. Just curious.

Andy P.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

poor resnig.....NOT even worth the price of a bullet!

What about a grenade?

A wise man once said 'There are no problems that the application of high explosives cant fix.'

quote:

One of the little buggers grabbed onto the underside and rode around with me until I stopped and got out to shoot him off.

That's about when he shot me first

This does say something, as to the AI of the enemy combatants , though.

I, for one, would probably NEVER, have come across such a scenerio, but NOW I know to be WARY WARY CARFUL...LOL

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Presby:

I found I could rotate the turrets but not fire them.

Really? Well thats odd because they worked when I tested it. You might want to try it again. They are probably firing, but because of where they are mounted, you might not see the shot. Try looking in the F9 camera view for a muzzle flash.

quote:

One of the little buggers grabbed onto the underside and rode around with me until I stopped and got out to shoot him off.

Yeah, it is a support structure, so they can attach to it. Just like you.

quote:

Anyway, I wasn't trying to nit pick. Just curious.

Andy P.

Yeah, I figured as much - after reading your second post.

So, if an enemy Marine decides to break off his attack, hijack a MFB, and turn me into road-kill while I am alone, on foot and without cover....

I'll run straight at it, grab the front bumper of the MFB, swing underneath and wait until the baddie stops to examine my corpse when I'll riddle him with laser shots.

Wow... I'm glad I read this thread, otherwise I would have never known how to outwit and defeat the Maniacal MFB Driving Marine!

Although, on a more serious note, it is interesting that marines can "grab onto" the bottom "support structure" of the MFB...

(I wonder if I can make a non-sarcastic post... hmm)

quote:

So, if an enemy Marine decides to break off his attack, hijack a MFB, and turn me into road-kill while I am alone, on foot and without cover....

I'll run straight at it, grab the front bumper of the MFB, swing underneath and wait until the baddie stops to examine my corpse when I'll riddle him with laser shots.

Wow... I'm glad I read this thread, otherwise I would have never known how to outwit and defeat the Maniacal MFB Driving Marine!

I like this n00b. He's got class. You wanna join the Insurgency... We need people like you.

Andy: Don't fear the planetary combat; use your CC to shoot them from above . Nothing like the smell of scorched Resnig.... er, enemy marines......

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Presby:

[qb] I found I could rotate the turrets but not fire them.

Really? Well thats odd because they worked when I tested it. You might want to try it again. They are probably firing, but because of where they are mounted, you might not see the shot. Try looking in the F9 camera view for a muzzle flash.

Mr. SC, I have been testing the guns on that thing, and I can't get them to fire. I switched to the other gun, and it still doesn't work. Tried multiple times with game reloads galore. Also, should there be a gun turret marker on the hud? I can't find one.

The MFB does not have guns. It only has turrets and usually you have no manual control over turrets, though some units (e.g. naval units) allow it.

The MFB has ATA missiles and you fire them just as you would in a fighter.

This will be your FINAL warning to quit hijacking other people's threads.