FCs won't be repaired

Zothen

I have to post this again, because my former post has been deleted!

Some systems of my FCs won't be repaired, although everything else will be repaired, parts are stored and crew is fine. I don't know what I can do and I haven't found anything about this in the VCF or the forum, but that may depend on my bad language skills, because english isn't my native language.

My former post was a bit more detailed, but it has been deleted and I don't know why or what I've done wrong. I don't know how to solve this problem, so please give me a hint where I can find a clue or tell me what I've done wrong before deleting my post, because it isn't very easy for me to write/read in english so errors/misunderstandings may happen!

thx

I'm sorry SC. It wasn't my intention to bother anybody. But thanks for the reply - I was sure it belongs to tech support. Sorry again.

Nova: No, every needed part is there and the crew is fine. I started the repairs for this system parts at a station, so every needed part should be there and every other system part could be repaired. I think it is related to the repair time. This repairs should all be completed the same minute they were started.

Hey SC, as a side note, I noted something about FCs getting repaired at stations. Even when I have ALL REQUIRED PARTS. FCs don't want to stay in the repairs scheduled mode when docked at stations. They keep trying to jump to suspended. Say for instance, I order repairs on ten different FC systems, one engineer each. Then I drop to the main logistics screen and wait. After one or two syseng's clear up and finish a task, I would go back to the FC to assign more repairs on other systems, or add some sysengs to an in progress repair that's taking longer than I want, only now, still in progress repairs suddenly suspend themselves without me ever adjusting it. They just show up as SUSPENDED the moment I bring the FC back up.

I'm talking about home stations like GHQ, when I have all the parts needed myself.

*Sighs* I wish flight engineers could also fix fighters. You'd think they'd know those things inside and out enough to help repairs. *Shuffles off to spend another two hours repairing what got torn up in a thirty second engagement.*

*Rubs forehead...* Oy vey... I schedule ten chores to repair. Wait for one to finish, then send him on to help with another already in progress chore. I know the station only assigns ten engineers.

Let's say I assign five engineers to two tasks. (Ten total, five each.) I can go to another screen, and when I bring the FC itself back up, (I want to look at the system percentage.) both tasks have simply suspended. Repairs to the CC will complete, and I can check up on them as many times as I want. But the moment I try checking on an FC, they suspend themselves.

Let me see if I can 'show' you what I'm doing.

Say, FC1 has damage throughout its systems, and I want to perform general repairs.

In Starstation, logistics. Hit Crafts, then FC, then 1. Assign one engineer to each of the first ten systems. (Select system, click repair, up arrow the engineers once, click the next system, repair... etc. Up to the tenth.)

Then click on maybe tradcom, do some trading. Come back to logistics, click crafts... see engineers assigned to several tasks. Wait a while, a few tasks complete. Click FC, 1. All tasks that didn't finish now on SUSPENDED. Go and take off the engineers from the tasks and assign them all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

As long as I just leave it alone, they finish. But say I want to assign some freed up engineers to more tasks... I have to go and do a total reassign of the whole group. Do you get what I mean now?