Hello fellow UC fans

Stargazer

Hello all,

I just bought UC yesterday from Best Buy and I'd have to say I am VERY impressed. The funny thing is, is that I owned the very first original Battlecruiser game, and I had no idea that UC was made by the same company and with the same concept. Knowing that, I would've paid DOUBLE the price!!! (Bet you guys over at 3000AD could've used info like that LOL)

I've been a fan of the Battlecruiser series for a long time. Unfortunately, my experience came to an end when I bought Battlecruiser Mellennium and it wouldn't work on my PC. Of course, I have this uncanny talent of modifying a PC to the point that it tries to use the modem as a CPU.... maybe I could make a good living doing that. Hey, do you guys over at 3000AD have any use for someone who can crash a computer in 2.8 seconds??

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and that I'm glad to finally find a game forum that isn't seeping with flames, rantings, and other offensive posts. It's very refreshing, to be able to post in peace.

I also wanted to say hi to the SC, Derek Smart (did I get your name right?). I've been reading the forum for a coupla hours now, and I think it's really cool that the President of the company who made UC is actually active on the fan forum.

Hello to all and see you around the forums!!

QUICKLY! BEFORE THEY FIND YOU! REGISTER! REGISTER AND PUT A LINK TO THE REGISTRATION INFO IN YOUR SIGNATURE! THERE IS NO HOPE IF YOU DON'T!

THEY ARE COMING!

THEY ARE COMINNNNNNG!!!!!

(For the correct info, head to: Universal Combat Technical Support section, and check the links at the top such as the one that says stuff about a correct signature. It will have all the links you need. If for some reason, when you register and the CD Key is already in use, EMAIL Cat using the link the registration page will provide you with for technical support, and have PROOF of purchase ready. *IE: Photo of game and manual, or photo of reciept* )

*Suddenly, penguines with chainsaws riding snowboards bust into the thread...*

OH MY GAWD! THEY ARE HERE! EVERYONE RUN!

ROFLMAO

Oh yeah, he's right about the sig part, read that thread and get things corrected. Also, consider joining a fleet before August 15th since that will get you access to MP servers that won't be available to you otherwise after that.

ISS is always recruiting

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Stargazer:

and I think it's really cool that the President of the company who made UC is actually active on the fan forum.

Technically, this is the official 3000AD/Derek Smart forums, though there are several fan forums for BC/UC out there.

Regardless, contrary to popular opinion, this place isn't as bad as some would have you believe. It takes a while to learn the rules (and the rules are non-negotiable), and some basic common sense, but after that it's a walk in the park.

Welcome Stargazer!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

QUICKLY! BEFORE THEY FIND YOU! REGISTER! REGISTER AND PUT A LINK TO THE REGISTRATION INFO IN YOUR SIGNATURE! THERE IS NO HOPE IF YOU DON'T!

THEY ARE COMING!

LMAO!!!

All n00bs get a free day pass.

quote:

Regardless, contrary to popular opinion, this place isn't as bad as some would have you believe. It takes a while to learn the rules (and the rules are non-negotiable), and some basic common sense, but after that it's a walk in the park.

after all!!.....I'm still here ...That, in it's self, says ALOT

Welcome to the community!!

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Knowing that, I would've paid DOUBLE the price!!! (Bet you guys over at 3000AD could've used info like that LOL)

I want to officially apologize to the SC for this remark... when I typed it, I didn't realize that Dreamcather pulled that stunt with lowering the price by half until I read the earlier posts in the forum... and may I say it was a sorry stunt at that.

Sorry about that Derek...

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

[QB] QUICKLY! BEFORE THEY FIND YOU! REGISTER! REGISTER AND PUT A LINK TO THE REGISTRATION INFO IN YOUR SIGNATURE! THERE IS NO HOPE IF YOU DON'T!

THEY ARE COMING!

So the hilarious thing about the panic is I lurked for a couple of days before ever posting. When I did, I basically registered to the forums and then posted. Then I saw the "Welcome, n00b" email and figured it was probably the same lame greeting and information about UCB code as every other forum software board... but I should take a look anyway. So then I saw the part about mandatory linkage of system profile, and whirled into a panic to fill in that info and get the signature adjusted. I was expecting some instant-deletion process to run that was nuking my post as I typed!

Dealing with panic and learning discipline are all about good commander training. While we're at it, planning is another skill. Examples:

Panic: You ALT-E to space walk over to your fighter because the pilot got killed and the co-pilot is stranded. You watch your CC change course and start moving away, and realize it's going to take at least 8 charges of your jetpack to get back to it.

Discipline: I threw my navigation officer into the detention center, put on the parking break, flew back to the fighter and went for a spacewalk to show the co-pilot that the Commander was taking this matter seriously.

Planning (or rather, not planning): I should have sent a shuttle to tow it, but the space walk idea was definitely more fun at the time.

(P.S. I completed the entire training course tonight, and added plenty of experimentation! )

quote:

THEY ARE COMING!

(For the correct info, head to: Universal Combat Technical Support section, and check the links at the top such as the one that says stuff about a correct signature. It will have all the links you need. If for some reason, when you register and the CD Key is already in use, EMAIL Cat using the link the registration page will provide you with for technical support, and have PROOF of purchase ready. *IE: Photo of game and manual, or photo of reciept* )

*Suddenly, penguines with chainsaws riding snowboards bust into the thread...*

OH MY GAWD! THEY ARE HERE! EVERYONE RUN!

LMAO!!! But its soooooo true!