nice game! ive got a question

Joe_mrbiz

Hi ive just registered and i wanted to ask a question.

Does anyone know what to do when enigines, main and auxilery life suport, main computer are destroyed with many other systems and the armor, hull are cut to ribbons BUT your still alive with most of your crew while in neutral territory?

i mean you cant use logistix while the main comp is destroyed so you cant perform repairs or evac your crew and it just feels dishonerable to abandon the crew.

Guest kenny87

Personaly I'd press the big red button labled "Do not push" and reload a save game because from the looks of it you're going to be repairing for about a day atleast.

Guest Shingen

If he still had main power enough to send an SOS, launchbays and shuttles, why didn't he just launch a shuttle from the HUD interface and tow himself?

quote:

Originally posted by Kenworthy:

Personaly I'd press the big red button labled "Do not push" and reload a save game because from the looks of it you're going to be repairing for about a day atleast.

Fixing things is the very, very, very most fun in this game to me. Dunno why it just is. Your mileage may very.

I try to AVOID having to fix things... it always means downtime I could be spending nuking the NPCs. Just the other day, I had a Terran Insurgent Stormcarrier drop out of Hyperjump on top of me while I was monitering TAC OPS to watch my fighters engaged in combat. When I clicked back to bridge view to check something, the huge form of a Stormcarrier was just finishing the HJ transition right in my face. Unfortunately the fool had his belly to me and my main guns were lined up with him. Essentially he jumped right into position to have his T crossed and I ripped him apart before he could even move. As of yet, I have not taken any damage WHATSOEVER in a firefight. I always go ship to ship with decoupled guns. With fighters, I just keep moving and try to keep them inside the PTA killzone.

Only my fighters and my shuttles have been torn up. I've lost three fighters, one to theft because I didn't know there were intruders on board without Resnig to let me know, (the SAS flashing just doesn't catch my attention.) I've recovered SEVERAL fighters that were all but scrap after getting shredded by capital ships. And I've even saved a shuttle that got AMBUSHED by a cloaked enemy stormcarrier when it was on a cargosweep. The shuttle of course, had several destroyed to ZERO systems, a reactor of 4%, and strangly, HULL/ARMOR of 92%. What the hell? Did the PTA blast go right through the viewport?

Biggest firefight, A battlecruiser Mk1, and a MkII, and their fighter compliments. I ate them ALIVE and asked for seconds. When in combat, if the enemy is above or below you, ALWAYS YAW, not pitch. If you pitch, your reletive position to them just dosn't change much, it just presents a different side for them to hit. By yawing, your movement change is much more drastic, and you dodge more shots. Do the opposite when they're along side you, pitch instead of yaw. I think I'm going to go and memorize the couple/decouple hotkey so I can switch between hard turning, and mobile main weapons in the heat of combat. Even if you're a flying brick of a warship, pilot like a fighter, and chances are you'll come out of scrapes a little less worse for wear. Always watch out, keep moving, and never go head to head with ANYTHING. Especially with fighters, they're too small to fire at with the main guns. At twenty K out, just dive and put them in the PTA killzone... they'll be dead before they can get into their main gun range.

"SCOTTY! I NEED WARP SPEED NOW!"

"ACH! I CANNA' DO IT C'PAN! THE TOILETS HAVE BACKED UP INTO T'E WARP DRIVE AUND IT'LL TAK' A BITTA' TIME TO UNCLOG 'DEM!"

"How long before you can fix it?"

"WELL, I TRIED SHOVING a WEENER INTO DA WARP DRIVE, BUT IT DINNA' DO A BITTA GOOD. BY THE BY MIGHT YOU HAVE A WEE BITTA' MUSTARD UP ON THE BRIDGE?"

Well i tried to do the the sos thingy on friday but i had patched my game and forsome reason my save didnt work so my crew are stuck without a captain and i have to begin again.....

but ive been at silverstone on saturday and today and that means i have to stay on-station longer tonight.